Irish Radio Transmitters 75th Anniversary DXpedition to Swaziland

  • David Hutchinson
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 31, 2007
      There were two scout leaders in the 3DA0 team - myself and Paul EI2CA.
      Our individual callsigns were 3DA0DJ and 3DA0PM. The callsign used in
      the CQ WPX SSB contest last weekend was 3DA0EI. We worked over 3000
      qsos in 48 hours and notched up over 9,000,000 points. Details of the
      DXpedition logs can be accessed at http://www.irts.ie/AFRI75

      73 de David GI4FUM/ EI4DJ/ 3DA0DJ
    • Richard A. Blank
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 1, 2007
        Nice score! One of these contests the SPARK Lodge ARC
        members may work the whole contest from our club station
        K3BSA. I took part in WPX worked 176 contacts and my
        score was over 50,000. I did not put a lot of time into
        the contest, but for an 8 to 9 hour time frame I think I
        did ok from the Boy Scout Camp.

        73,
        Rick, WB3BSA
        President/Program Director
        SPARK Lodge, Camp Delmont
        http://www.k3bsa.org
        http://www.xmirep.com/wb3bsa

        >There were two scout leaders in the 3DA0 team - myself and Paul EI2CA.
        >Our individual callsigns were 3DA0DJ and 3DA0PM. The callsign used in
        >the CQ WPX SSB contest last weekend was 3DA0EI. We worked over 3000
        >qsos in 48 hours and notched up over 9,000,000 points. Details of the
        >DXpedition logs can be accessed at http://www.irts.ie/AFRI75
        >
        >73 de David GI4FUM/ EI4DJ/ 3DA0DJ

        >Visit "Operation On Target BSA" Mountain Top Signaling:
        >http://www.ontargetbsa.org/

        >Yahoo! Groups Links

      • David Hutchinson
        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 3, 2007
          Hi Richard
          Thanks for the compliment. Now its time to do the homework and get
          the QSL cards written. At least I'm not the QSL manager - Peter
          EI7CC has that role. He has over 15,000 QSOs to deal with and the
          cards are already coming in direct with the American Green stamps -
          all of which will go towards the Kip Kip project which is a project
          to train Swazi scouts in life skills and buy them chickens which
          they will then farm. I have been commissioned to write an account of
          the DXpedition for Practical Wireless magazine which of course will
          include photographs of which I have several thousand to select from.

          73 de David GI4FUM

          --- In ScoutRadio@yahoogroups.com, " Richard A. Blank" <wb3bsa@...>

          subscibe to http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ScoutRadioYouth