Radio Merit Badge at Camp Melakwa

  • Troop 54
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 21, 2000
      Greetings,

      I just returned from staffing 2 weeks at summer camp. From the list of many
      jobs I had my favorite was teaching the Radio Merit Badge. HF conditions
      tended to be vary poor through out camp, although I was able to generate
      lots of interest in packet radio. I have many pictures of the portable
      station we had set up and I plan on sending a couple into the up front
      section of QST.

      Oh yeah, Did you know that on the top of the radio merit badge patch BSA is
      spelled out in morse code. I had never noticed this until on of my scouts
      noticed the morse code and asked me what it spelled.

      Max Manghelli - KD7GES
      Junior Assistant Scoutmaster
      Troop 54, Veneta Oregon.
      http://www.epud.net/~troop54/