Old Handbook Radio Pages

  • Gary Wilson
    Message 1 of 24 , Mar 24, 2007
      A researcher who is writing a paper on the early history of Radio in
      BSA asked me to scan the appropriate pages from the early Scout
      handbooks in my collection. I've uploaded the pages from the first
      and second edition handbooks to the files area here as jpg's for
      others to view as well.

      It might be interesting to buid a replica of the 1911 Handbook
      transmitter and receiver as a display at K2BSA for the 2010 National
      Jamboree, much like they recreate the Brownsea Island and Silver Bay
      camps there.

      Justa thought.

      73

      Gary, K2GW
    • Jon Pearl - W4ABC
      Message 2 of 24 , Mar 24, 2007
        Hi Gary.

        Have you any insights into what your researcher's information is going to
        culminate in?

        Fraternally,

        Jon Pearl - W4ABC

        >A researcher who is writing a paper on the early history of Radio in
        > BSA asked me to scan the appropriate pages from the early Scout
        > handbooks in my collection. I've uploaded the pages from the first
        > and second edition handbooks to the files area here as jpg's for
        > others to view as well.
        >
        > It might be interesting to buid a replica of the 1911 Handbook
        > transmitter and receiver as a display at K2BSA for the 2010 National
        > Jamboree, much like they recreate the Brownsea Island and Silver Bay
        > camps there.
        >
        > Justa thought.
        >
        > 73
        >
        > Gary, K2GW
      • J. Gordon Beattie, Jr., W2TTT
        Message 3 of 24 , Mar 24, 2007

          Hi Folks!

          Does anyone have the last set of requirements for the Signaling Merit Badge or perhaps even a merit badge book that they could scan and post?

          Just a cool thought.

          YIS,

          Gordon Beattie, W2TTT

          Scoutmaster, Troop 139

          St. John the Evangelist Roman Catholic Church

          Bergenfield, New Jersey

          201.314.6964

          W2ttt@...

        • Gene Santoski
          Message 4 of 24 , Mar 25, 2007
            Hi!

            The SIGNALING Merit Badge was discontinued about 8 years ago!!  SORRY!

            K9UTQ

            "J. Gordon Beattie, Jr., W2TTT" <w2ttt@...> wrote:
            Hi Folks!
            Does anyone have the last set of requirements for the Signaling Merit Badge or perhaps even a merit badge book that they could scan and post?
            Just a cool thought.
            YIS,
            Gordon Beattie, W2TTT
            Scoutmaster, Troop 139
            St. John the Evangelist Roman Catholic Church
            Bergenfield, New Jersey
            201.314.6964

            Try the Yahoo! Mail Beta.

          • J. Gordon Beattie, Jr., W2TTT
            Message 5 of 24 , Mar 25, 2007

              Gene,

              I know that!  J

              That’s why I’m asking.

              Normal sources, quite reasonably, don’t have that information.

              Thanks & 73,

              Gordon Beattie, W2TTT

              201.314.6964

              Message 6 of 24 , Mar 25, 2007
                Found this posted on the attached web site:
                http://signalwriter.blogspot.com/2005/10/also-wigwagging.html

                Posted by Richard Laurence Baron

                SEMIPHORE--- Also Wigwagging

                Besides the imagery wrapped up in "semaphore," I confess I was a Boy
                Scout. I recall desperately trying to earn the Signaling merit badge
                at summer camp long ago, in North Georgia. Even though we called
                it "wigwag" in those long, hot summer days, I knew the
                word "semaphore" – it was in the manual.

                Requirements for the Signaling Merit Badge:
                1. Know the proper application of the international Morse and
                semaphore codes and when, where, and how they can be used to best
                advantage.
                2. Make an electric buzzer outfit, radio transmitter, audio
                oscillator, blinker, or other signaling device.
                3. Send and receive a complete message of not less than 35 words in
                the international Morse code by buzzer or other sound device at a
                rate of not less than 35 letters per minute.
                4. Demonstrate an ability to send and receive a message in the
                international Morse code by wigwag and by blinker or other light-
                signaling device at a rate of not less than 20 letters per minute.
                5. Send and receive a message by semaphore code at a rate of not less
                than 30 letters per minute.
                6. Discuss briefly various other codes and methods of signaling that
                are in common use.

                Enjoy!
                73, Dave KB1EBE
                Unit Commisioiner Troop 171, Presque Isle Maine
              • David Berry
                Message 7 of 24 , Mar 25, 2007

                  Hi Gordon,

                  I found this reference at: http://signalwriter.blogspot.com/2005/10/also-wigwagging.html

                  Posted by Richard Laurence Baron at 6:11 AM

[...]

                  (#103).

                  Dave Berry Sr  KB1EBE

                  Unit Commisioner, Troop & Pack 171, Presque Isle ME

                  Katahdin Area Council

                  Formerally of Canden County Council, Pennsauken, NJ

                  Message 8 of 24 , Mar 26, 2007
                    Hi Richard, et al ...

                    One a small point - Semaphore is a totally different method of
                    signalling (with it's own "code" (*not* Morse)) than "wigwag", which
                    *does* use Morse Code (to the "wagger's" R = Dot; to the L = Dash, as
                    I recall). Remember?

                    "Wigwag" used a single, longer pole, usually with a flag at the end,
                    while semaphore required two flags, attached to much shorter poles.

                    Fair winds, and

                    73

                    -Dana, W6DBM
                    Unit Commissioner - Sea Scouts
                    Long Beach (CA) Area Council, BSA
                    Eagle, class of '66

                    <*Finally* finished studying for CW and, now, about to qualify for my General!>

                    Message 9 of 24 , Mar 26, 2007

                      Dave et al,

                      Thanks for the info.

                      Based on the requirements, I don’t think the MB book is critical, but still might be an exciting thing to show the boys – even if only a scanned copy.

                      Another thought…

                      I’m seeing a pattern in the dropping of this merit badge 15-20 years ago and the changes in Radio, Electricity and Electronics – they have lessened or removed the requirement to make things and I’m not sure that it is a good thing.  Once, just for fun, I gave the Troop six sets of buzzers, batteries, LEDs, resistors, wire and some wood blocks and they made signaling devices and were spontaneously trying to send each other messages.  When I saw that, my Assistant Scoutmasters asked me to write out the Morse Code for the boys.  I did, and they copied it for each Scout and started sending and receiving messages between tables!

                      Now this was three years ago, but I would wager that I could probably do this again and get some kids excited and interested in Amateur Radio.

                      BTW:  In those three years, three Scouts and one more adult in our Troop got their licenses.

                      Thanks & 73,

                      Gordon Beattie, W2TTT

                      201.314.6964

                      Message 10 of 24 , Mar 26, 2007
                        Some merit badges still require building things. I just finnished up the
                        Electronics MB with a few boys and that requires building electronic kits.
                        AH, solder smoke, how sweet it is.
                        barry
                        WB1EDI/KB1NH

                        >From: "J. Gordon Beattie, Jr., W2TTT" <w2ttt@...>
                        >To: <ScoutRadio@yahoogroups.com>
                        >Subject: RE: [SPAM] RE: [ScoutRadio] Signaling Merit Badge Requirements
                        >Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2007 13:26:10 -0000
                        >
                        >Dave et al,
                        >
                        >Thanks for the info.
                        >
                        >Based on the requirements, I don't think the MB book is critical, but still
                        >might be an exciting thing to show the boys - even if only a scanned copy.
                        >
                        >Another thought.
                        >
                        >I'm seeing a pattern in the dropping of this merit badge 15-20 years ago
                        >and
                        >the changes in Radio, Electricity and Electronics - they have lessened or
                        >removed the requirement to make things and I'm not sure that it is a good
                        >thing. Once, just for fun, I gave the Troop six sets of buzzers,
                        >batteries,
                        >LEDs, resistors, wire and some wood blocks and they made signaling devices
                        >and were spontaneously trying to send each other messages. When I saw
                        >that,
                        >my Assistant Scoutmasters asked me to write out the Morse Code for the
                        >boys.
                        >I did, and they copied it for each Scout and started sending and receiving
                        >messages between tables!
                        >

                        >Now this was three years ago, but I would wager that I could probably do
                        >this again and get some kids excited and interested in Amateur Radio.
                        >
                        >BTW: In those three years, three Scouts and one more adult in our Troop
                        >got
                        >their licenses.
                        >

                        >Thanks & 73,
                        >
                        >Gordon Beattie, W2TTT
                        >
                        >201.314.6964

                        5.5%* 30 year fixed mortgage rate. Good credit refinance. Up to 5 free
                        quotes - *Terms
                        https://www2.nextag.com/goto.jsp?product=100000035&url=%2fst.jsp&tm=y&search=mortgage_text_links_88_h2a5d&s=4056&p=5117&disc=y&vers=910
                      • J. Gordon Beattie, Jr., W2TTT
                        Message 11 of 24 , Mar 26, 2007

                          Barry,

                          It’s a great thing that they built something, however since 2004, the requirements for the Electronics Merit Badge do not define even a option to build something.  The text below is from Meritbadge.com.

                          YIS,

                          Gordon Beattie, W2TTT

                          201.314.6964

                          Boy Scout Merit Badge Requirements

                          http://www.meritbadge.com/_themes/expeditn/exphorsa.gif

                          [BADGE]ELECTRONICS

                          1. Describe the safety precautions you must exercise when using, building, altering, or repairing electronic devices.
                          2. Do the following:
                            1. Draw a simple schematic diagram. It must show resistors, capacitors, and transistors or integrated circuits, Use the correct symbols. Label all parts.
                            2. Tell the purpose of each part.
                          3.  Do the following:
                            1. Show the right way to solder and desolder.
                            2. Show how to avoid heat damage to electronic components.
                            3. Tell about the function of a printed circuit board. Tell what precautions should be observed when soldering printed circuit boards.
                          4. Discuss each of the following with your merit badge counselor, and then choose ONE of the following and build a circuit to show the techniques used:
                            1. Tell how you can use electronics for a control purpose, and then build a control device circuit.
                            2. Tell about the basic principles of digital techniques, and then build a digital circuit. Show how to change three decimal numbers into binary numbers, and three binary numbers into decimal numbers.
                            3. Tell about three audio applications of electronics, and then build an audio circuit.

                          Show how to read the schematic diagram of the project you choose and, to the best of your ability, explain to your counselor how the circuit you built operates.

                          1. Do the following:
                            1. Show how to solve a simple problem involving current, voltage, and resistance using Ohm's law.
                            2. Tell about the need for and the use of test equipment in electronics.  Name three types of test equipment. Tell how they operate.
                          2. Find out about three career opportunities in electronics that interest you. Discuss with and explain to your counselor what training and education are needed for each position.

                          BSA Advancement ID#: 44
                          Source: Boy Scout Requirements, #33215, revised 2004

                          href="mailto:w2ttt%40att.net">w2ttt@...>
                          >To: <ScoutRadio@yahoogroups.com>
                          >Subject: RE: [SPAM] RE: [ScoutRadio] Signaling Merit Badge Requirements
                          >Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2007 13:26:10 -0000
                          >
                          >Dave et al,
                          >
                          >Thanks for the info.
                          >
                          >Based on the requirements, I don't think the MB book is critical, but still
                          >might be an exciting thing to show the boys - even if only a scanned copy.
                          >
                          >Another thought.
                          >
                          >I'm seeing a pattern in the dropping of this merit badge 15-20 years ago
                          >and
                          >the changes in Radio, Electricity and Electronics - they have lessened or
                          >removed the requirement to make things and I'm not sure that it is a good
                          >thing. Once, just for fun, I gave the Troop six sets of buzzers,
                          >batteries,
                          >LEDs, resistors, wire and some wood blocks and they made signaling devices
                          >and were spontaneously trying to send each other messages. When I saw
                          >that,
                          >my Assistant Scoutmasters asked me to write out the Morse Code for the
                          >boys.
                          >I did, and they copied it for each Scout and started sending and receiving
                          >messages between tables!
                          >

                          >Now this was three years ago, but I would wager that I could probably do
                          >this again and get some kids excited and interested in Amateur Radio.
                          >
                          >BTW: In those three years, three Scouts and one more adult in our Troop
                          >got
                          >their licenses.
                          >

                          >Thanks & 73,
                          >
                          >Gordon Beattie, W2TTT
                          >
                          >201.314.6964

                        • barry whittemore
                          Message 12 of 24 , Mar 26, 2007
                            BUt it does. requirement 4 reads as follows (from your message and from the
                            merit badge req.)
                            The boys had a great time building there kits and were excited when they did
                            as they were supposed to do. we had to use some test equip to debug one of
                            them. (there was a transistor mounted backwards) and that fed right into the
                            test equipment requirement. overall it was a fun time for all. one of the
                            boys wants to go right into the radio MB. (his grandfather is a SK)
                            73
                            Barry

> [...]

                            >c. Tell about three audio applications of electronics, and then build
                            >an audio circuit.
                            >
                            >Show how to read the schematic diagram of the project you choose and, to
                            >the
                            >best of your ability, explain to your counselor how the circuit you built
                            >operates.
                            >
                            >5. Do the following:
                            >
                            >a. Show how to solve a simple problem involving current, voltage, and
                            >resistance using Ohm's law.
                            >b. Tell about the need for and the use of test equipment in
                            >electronics. Name three types of test equipment. Tell how they operate.
                            >
                            >6. Find out about three career opportunities in electronics that
                            >interest you. Discuss with and explain to your counselor what training and
                            >education are needed for each position.
                            >
                            >BSA Advancement ID#: 44
                            >Source: Boy Scout Requirements, #33215, revised 2004

                            It�s tax season, make sure to follow these few simple tips
                            http://articles.moneycentral.msn.com/Taxes/PreparationTips/PreparationTips.aspx?icid=HMMartagline
                          • J. Gordon Beattie, Jr., W2TTT
                            Message 13 of 24 , Mar 26, 2007
                              DOH!
                              I mis-read it...the good news is that is what we do!
                              YIS,
                              Gordon

> [...]

                              >c. Tell about three audio applications of electronics, and then build
                              >an audio circuit.
                              >
                              >Show how to read the schematic diagram of the project you choose and, to
                              >the
                              >best of your ability, explain to your counselor how the circuit you built
                              >operates.
                              >
                              >5. Do the following:
                              >
                              >a. Show how to solve a simple problem involving current, voltage, and
                              >resistance using Ohm's law.
                              >b. Tell about the need for and the use of test equipment in
                              >electronics. Name three types of test equipment. Tell how they operate.
                              >
                              >6. Find out about three career opportunities in electronics that
                              >interest you. Discuss with and explain to your counselor what training and
                              >education are needed for each position.
                              >
                              >BSA Advancement ID#: 44
                              >Source: Boy Scout Requirements, #33215, revised 2004

                              Yahoo! Groups Links
                            • barry whittemore
                              Message 14 of 24 , Mar 26, 2007
                                no problem. by the way, i found http://www.gibsonteched.com/main.html as a
                                source of many kits that are inexpensive and fun projects for anyone doing
                                the electronics MB
                                Barry
                                WB1EDI

                                Message 15 of 24 , Mar 26, 2007
                                  --- In ScoutRadio@yahoogroups.com, "Jon Pearl - W4ABC" <jonpearl@...>
                                  wrote:

                                  > Have you any insights into what your researcher's information is
                                  going to
                                  > culminate in?

                                  He's a graduate student majoring in the history of technology and is
                                  writing a paper on the development of rthe radio industry up to 1927.
                                  He found my radio merit badge web site and was interested in how
                                  Scouting might haved sparked interested in Radio in the youth of the
                                  era.

                                  73

                                  Gary, K2GW
                                • Milt Forsberg
                                  Message 16 of 24 , Mar 26, 2007
                                    Also, FAR Circuits has been most cooperative with Scout groups ordering
                                    in quantity. The link is below. I am not associated with them.

                                    Milt K9QZI
                                    Champaign IL

                                    http://www.farcircuits.net/

                                    barry whittemore wrote:
                                    > no problem. by the way, i found http://www.gibsonteched.com/main.html as a
                                    > source of many kits that are inexpensive and fun projects for anyone doing
                                    > the electronics MB
                                    > Barry
                                    > WB1EDI

                                  • Jon Pearl - W4ABC
                                    Message 17 of 24 , Mar 26, 2007
                                      I'm sure he's making good use of the Internet for his fact finding missions.
                                      I'm afraid, though, there will come a time when the history on subjects such
                                      as these, might well become history themselves.

                                      Fraternally,

                                      Jon Pearl - W4ABC

                                      >> Have you any insights into what your researcher's information is
                                      > going to
                                      >> culminate in?
                                      >
                                      > He's a graduate student majoring in the history of technology and is
                                      > writing a paper on the development of rthe radio industry up to 1927.
                                      > He found my radio merit badge web site and was interested in how
                                      > Scouting might haved sparked interested in Radio in the youth of the
                                      > era.
                                      >
                                      > 73
                                      >
                                      > Gary, K2GW
                                    • Fred Stevens K2FRD
                                      Message 18 of 24 , Mar 26, 2007
                                        At 9:37 AM -0400 26/3/07, barry whittemore wrote:
                                        >Some merit badges still require building things. I just finnished up the
                                        >Electronics MB with a few boys and that requires building electronic kits.
                                        >AH, solder smoke, how sweet it is.
                                        >barry
                                        >WB1EDI/KB1NH

                                        I taught Electronics MB at camp in summer 2005. I had a lot of fun teaching soldering and not just for the smell of solder flux. I told the Scouts that minor burns were an inevitable part of soldering and not to worry about the smell of burning skin. They actually took it as a point of pride when they invariably burned themselves. Sorta a red badge of courage. :-D

                                        Editor-Publisher
                                        "The only regularly published ham-Scouting newsletter in the world."
                                        No spam, no cost, no advertisements, no commitments, just ham-Scouting.
                                        http://ocarg.org Subscribe: mailto:subscribe@...
                                      • Gary Wilson
                                        Message 19 of 24 , Mar 30, 2007
                                          --- In ScoutRadio@yahoogroups.com, "Dana McRae" <w6dbm@...> wrote:

                                          > One a small point - Semaphore is a totally different method of
                                          > signalling (with it's own "code" (*not* Morse)) than "wigwag", which
                                          > *does* use Morse Code (to the "wagger's" R = Dot; to the L = Dash,
                                          as I recall).

                                          > "Wigwag" used a single, longer pole, usually with a flag at the end,
                                          > while semaphore required two flags, attached to much shorter poles.

                                          Correct. Either Semaphore or Wig Wag could be used to meet the First
                                          Class requirement in effect until 1972.

                                          Semaphore uses two diagonaly striped flags which are held in each
                                          hand. The position of the arms (like the hands of a clock) indicate
                                          the letter. For example, both arms stuck straight out at 9 o'clock
                                          and 3 o'clock is "R". The flags are just used to increase
                                          visibility. Navy signalman sometimes "talk" to each other just using
                                          their hands alone when ships are alongside.

                                          Wigwag was a way of sending Morse Code using a single flag on a long
                                          pole. A figure eight twirl to the senders right was a dot and a
                                          twirl to the left was a dash. Boy Scouts could remember this easily
                                          by thinking of their patrol emblem as a dot and their community (now
                                          Council) strip as a dash. The flag was brought to the vertical
                                          between letters.

                                          Two flags were available in a wigwag set to maximize the contrast
                                          against a given background; a white square on a red field and red
                                          square on white field. Only one would be used in a given situation.
                                          Th US Army Signal corps emblem consists of these two flags.

                                          It's still fun for kids to do and gives tham a purpose to build those
                                          signal towers.

                                          73

                                          Gary, K2GW
                                        • Fred Stevens K2FRD
                                          Message 20 of 24 , Mar 30, 2007
                                            At 7:57 PM +0000 30/3/07, Gary Wilson wrote:

                                            >Correct. Either Semaphore or Wig Wag could be used to meet the First
                                            >Class requirement in effect until 1972.

                                            And we all remember the furor when National announced they were dropping the signaling requirement:

                                            • It would "cheapen" the First Class requirements so that ANYONE could become 1st Class.

                                            • The "old-timers" felt that the newby 1st Classes would demean those who had earned their ranks the hard way.

                                            • Morse Code and semaphore would become "dead languages", lost arts.

                                            • The signaling requirement was part of the tradition for becoming First Class, a tradition lost forever, wiped out with the stroke of a pen.

                                            • Once the hurdle of signaling was abandoned, everybody would become Eagles.

                                            • Everyone would want to become a Scout since the requirements were dumbed down. Why, even Girl Scouts would want to become Boy Scouts.

                                            • Emergency communications would suffer.

                                            --.../...--//./-//-.--/../...//-.././/

                                            ..-./.-././-..//-.-/..---/..-./.-./-..///

                                            :-D :-[ O:-) :-!

                                            Editor-Publisher
                                            "The only regularly published ham-Scouting newsletter in the world."
                                            No spam, no cost, no advertisements, no commitments, just ham-Scouting.
                                            http://ocarg.org Subscribe: mailto:subscribe@...
                                          • Bill Stewart
                                            Message 21 of 24 , Mar 30, 2007
                                              Gee, where have I heard that before??

                                              73,

                                              Bill Stewart, W2BSA

                                              Fred Stevens K2FRD wrote:

                                              > At 7:57 PM +0000 30/3/07, Gary Wilson wrote:
                                              > >
                                              > >Correct. Either Semaphore or Wig Wag could be used to meet the First
                                              > >Class requirement in effect until 1972.
                                              >
                                              > And we all remember the furor when National announced they were
                                              > dropping the signaling requirement:
                                              >
                                              > • It would "cheapen" the First Class requirements so that ANYONE could
                                              > become 1st Class.
                                              >
                                              > • The "old-timers" felt that the newby 1st Classes would demean those
                                              > who had earned their ranks the hard way.
                                              >
                                              > • Morse Code and semaphore would become "dead languages", lost arts.
                                              >
                                              > • The signaling requirement was part of the tradition for becoming
                                              > First Class, a tradition lost forever, wiped out with the stroke of a pen.
                                              >
                                              > • Once the hurdle of signaling was abandoned, everybody would become
                                              > Eagles.
                                              >
                                              > • Everyone would want to become a Scout since the requirements were
                                              > dumbed down. Why, even Girl Scouts would want to become Boy Scouts.
                                              >
                                              > • Emergency communications would suffer.
                                              >
                                              > --.../...--//./-//-.--/../...//-.././/
                                              >
                                              > ..-./.-././-..//-.-/..---/..-./.-./-..///
                                              >
                                              > :-D :-[ O:-) :-!
                                              >
                                              > --
                                              > 73 and Yours In Scouting de Fred Stevens K2FRD, VO2FS
                                              > Editor-Publisher
                                              > Otschodela Council Amateur Radio Group EAGLE newsletter
                                              > "The only regularly published ham-Scouting newsletter in the world."
                                              > No spam, no cost, no advertisements, no commitments, just ham-Scouting.
                                              > http://ocarg.org <http://ocarg.org> Subscribe:
                                              > mailto:subscribe@... <mailto:subscribe%40ocarg.org>

                                            • Gary Wilson
                                              Message 22 of 24 , Apr 5, 2007
                                                --- In ScoutRadio@yahoogroups.com, Fred Stevens K2FRD <k2frd@...> wrote:

                                                > And we all remember the furor when National announced they were
                                                dropping the signaling requirement:

                                                Actually, if you think about it, the First Class Scout requirments
                                                originally derived from what Baden-Powell determined were essential
                                                skills for a turn of the century miltary scout to know. Stalking,
                                                memorization of observations, sketch map making, map and compass,
                                                campcraft and flag signaling were all derived from this.

                                                But military technology has moved on. Following the logic to the
                                                extreme, perhaps our modern First Class Scouts should know the modern
                                                equivalents used by Rangers and USAF Combat Controllers. That would
                                                mean adding voice radio procedure, water filters, and GPS to the
                                                existing skills. Perhaps parachute and helo insertion, using night
                                                vision goggles, avoiding IED's and calling in precision guided
                                                munitions using laser designators might be a bit too much. But the
                                                kids would get a thrill out of it, much as kids in 1907 did with the
                                                equivalent skills learned from that period.

                                                Now that's a radical idea, but really no more radical than what kids
                                                were doing when they first found B-P's "Aids to Scouting" book during
                                                the Boer War and started playing soldier.

                                                73

                                                Gary Wilson, K2GW
                                                (Also a keen student of Scouting history)
                                              • Fred Stevens K2FRD
                                                Message 23 of 24 , Apr 5, 2007
                                                  Fun with a purpose. But when the requirements start including HALO jumps and rappelling out of perfectly good aircraft with us adults leading the way, then I'm out of here! :-D

                                                  73 de Fred K2FRD

                                                  Message 24 of 24 , Apr 8, 2007

                                                    Gary and Fred,

                                                    Seems to me that we could have both the old and new requirements in a mix to obtain the desired results including some  basic climbing and rappelling, but of course we can leave out the HALO jumps!

                                                    Many of our Troop’s Scout do these things out of curiosity anyway!

                                                    We just need to keep them in line with Guide to Safe Scouting!

                                                    YIS,

                                                    Gordon Beattie, W2TTT

                                                    201.314.6964