Fwd: Amateur Radio Scout Group

  • J.Blatman
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 12, 2007
      This was sent out by my ARRL Section Manager. Nice to see this gathering steam.

      Jon
      N3VZG

      Date: Fri, 9 Mar 2007 14:57:25 -0500
      From: "ARRL Web site" <memberlist@...>
      To: medicstudent5-hamop2@...
      Subject: Amateur Radio Scout Group

      To All,

      On behalf of Rudy, KA3PLH, ASM for Scouting in the VA Section I am
      forwarding the e-mail below.
      73,
      Eric, WB3FPL
      ----------------------------------
      There is a group of Scouter Ham's who are scouts who are trying to get
      the Scout Camp Calling Protocol (SCCP) going. Information can be found
      at http://homepage.mac.com/k2frd/SCCP.pdf and
      http://homepage.mac.com/k2frd/SCCP.htm The SCCP involves setting up
      frequencies and times for ham radio contacts between Scout Camps, not
      unlike nets but less formally operated similar to JOTA. During Scout
      summer camps, it is planned that stations be set up to call other camps
      and get boys and girls around the country talking to each other. Last
      year was the first year and SCCP had some bugs which are being worked
      out for this year. It was moderately successful given that only some 15
      to 20 Camps participated. We would like these times and frequencies
      posted in all section newsletters and posted on web sites in an effort
      to get the word out.
      Thank you for your time and the OCARG EAGLE newsletter can be found at
      http://ocarg.org

      73's
      Rudy
      Rue "Rudy" Stuteville KA4PLH
      Asst. Section Manager, Scouting and Youth
      Virginia Section

      ARRL Eastern Pennsylvania Section
      Section Manager: Eric D. Olena, WB3FPL
      wb3fpl@...
      This message is being sent to you via the ARRL Members Only Web site.
      If you do not want to receive further messages, go to the site at:
      http://www.arrl.org/members-only/memdata.html?modify=1
      Log in with your username and password and change your email options.
      Unchecking the "News and information from your Division Director and
      Section Manager" box will prevent messages such as this one from
      being sent to you.
      -- webmaster@...

    • Joseph F Dunphy MBA
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 15, 2007
        Thanks for posting the frequencies for the scout camps to try to communicate on. We will get this to the Greater New York Councils, and Northern New Jersey Councils. Best, Joe Dunphy, KC2QGM. 73. out.
      • J. Gordon Beattie, Jr., W2TTT
        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 15, 2007

          Joe,

          I can help with the NNJC.