Fwd: [softrock40] First contact

  • David HUTCHINSON
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 3, 2007
      An example of what can be done with Software Defined Radio

      73 de David GI4FUM

      To: softrock40@yahoogroups.com
      CC: raparks@..., g3pmr@...
      From: Guido <threeme3@...>
      Date: Sat, 3 Mar 2007 23:47:02 +0100
      Subject: [softrock40] First contact

      Hello group,

      I am happy to announce that this evening, a first contact was made with 5B4AHJ on 40m in PHONE, with a Softrock RXTXv6.1 board.

      The output was only 1 watt in an inverted-V antenna, but it was enough to realize the 3000km contact with Cyprus!

      Now, I am really impressed by this all, but heej it was also my first contact on shortwave. I used a modified PowerSDR that permits the simultaneous usage of two cheap 2 channel soundcards.

      Thanks Tony, for creating this wonderful RXTX !

      73,
      Guido

      PE1NNZ