Camp Wanocksett Special Event Station.

  • Wagoner, Darryl
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 10 12:08 PM
      Greetings,

      I meet with the camp director last night about setting up a
      ARS at Camp Wanocksett next week. I really didn't know
      what to expect from the camp. I had visions of the reaction
      of "we just don't want to deal with it." to "No Way!".
      I am very happy to say that their reaction was totally different.

      It was a total CAN DO attitude. They wanted to know if I wanted
      power to the camp site, etc. A real red carpet treatment!

      My guess is we will be working a lot on 20 meters, somewhere
      between 14.240-14.270. It will be worked under my call sign
      of WA1GON. The times I will just have to play by ear, but the
      date will be 20-25 Aug. I may be able to also do some PSK-31.

      I am planning on having the "Now Your Talking!" and the ARRL
      Handbook. The station will be an IC-746, computer, and a HT.
      What else should I have to introduce the Scouts to ARS?

      thanks & 73
      Darryl WA1GON