Display

  • Rue Stuteville
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 27, 2007
      This past Saturday I set up a Amateur radio display at the Tidewater
      Council's University Of Scouting. We had a lot of interest and a lot
      more when they the code was gone. It was a fun day I set up a QRP
      station using a Yaesu FT817ND and a PAC-12 antenna on 20 meters stuck
      in the ground. Running 2 and half watts and the antenna completly
      encircled by a brick wall. I had two contacts one with a station in
      Wisconsin and one in Mississippi. Lessons learned, have a list of
      amateur radio classes in your area. I posted a picture of the display,
      it is in the scout camp picture file.

      73's
      Rue "Rudy" Stuteville KA4PLH
      Asst. Section Manager, Scouting and Youth
      Virginia Section