re: JOTA questions

  • Dave Colter
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 2, 2000
      Neil, one of the most important ways you can identify your station as
      part of JOTA is to call "CQ JOTA" or "CQ jamboree". The latter is the
      more traditional, but I've heard both used.
      Dave Colter, SM
      WA1ZCN

      R. Neil Brock wrote:

      Hello all,
      I have been asked to coordinate a JOTA station for our local scouts
      of all ages.
      I am lucky to have a couple of Generals helping,(I am a
      tech,diligently studying though)because my HF experience is very
      limited. But they have never participated in a JOTA.
      My question is: How do we go about identifying our station on the
      air? Do we need to put in for a special event call or what?

      More questions sure to follow.

      YIS,
      R. Neil Brock
      Asst. Cubmaster, Pack 574