[ScoutRadio] Re: New JOTA/Scout Frequencies

  • Fred Stevens K2FRD
    Message 1 of 11 , Feb 20, 2007
      It also wouldn't surprise me that some of the SSB frequencies are on somebody's net somewhere. With hundreds (thousands?) of nets, we're bound to conflict with someone sooner or later. I'm certain they'll let us know when we do. When it happens, as good Scouts and Scouters following good amateur practices, we'll yield to them and move up or down. :-)

      73 and YIS,
      Fred K2FRD

      At 7:58 PM +0000 20/2/07, Gary Wilson wrote:
      >A few slight glitches. I happened to download the March QST insert
      >for new HF hams from
      >
      >http://www.arrl.org/HFWelcome/
      >
      >which has the new ARRL Considerate Operators Frequency Guide in it
      >reflecting the new subbands. Here are some observations:
      >
      >3.570 is at the bottom of the RTTY segment and in the automatically
      >controlled data stations section. 3.565 instead might actually get
      >heard.
      >
      >7.030 is the QRP calling frequency, so keep yourself to 5 watts here
      >
      >14.060 is the QRP calling frequency, so keep yourself to 5 watts here
      >
      >28.180 is in the automatically controlled data stations section.
      >
      >As a practical matter, I'd bet that 90 percent of Scout communication
      >is phone anyway, but I would hope that we Scouts would be courteous
      >if we do use thes frequencies on CW.
      >
      >73
      >
      >Gary, K2GW

      Editor-Publisher
      "The only regularly published ham-Scouting newsletter in the world."
      http://ocarg.org