Re: New Radio Merit Badge Website

  • Gary Wilson
    Message 1 of 13 , Feb 8, 2007
      --- In ScoutRadio@yahoogroups.com, John Brewer <n7mfq@...> wrote:

      > If you prefer, I can host the site for free, for nothing. I work for
      an
      > ISP, and have a small site of my own, with not much on it, and could
      > host yours indefinitely, with no cost involved, and no ads.

      Thanks. I've had similar offers. There are a few issues,
      unfortunately.

      One is that I use Tripod's Site Builder to build and maintain it. So
      unless someone gives me a similar tool to maintain it, it becomes
      static.

      The other is that I developed it because the previous Radio MB was
      unavailable for weeks at a time as is often the case when someone hosts
      something on small provider. My similar Bird Study MB site on Tripod
      has been available 24/7 for over five years. Since they're a large
      commerical provider, they don't make money when they're down.

      Also, if we want Scouts to find it, it has to be at a stable URL so all
      of the hundreds of Boy Socut sites can maintain a stable link for a
      number of years.

      So that's the logic behind why it's there. But if someone can solve
      all three problems simultaneously, I'm open to suggestions.

      73

      Gary, K2GW