Radio Merit Badge Popularity

  • Gary Wilson
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 16, 2007
      I just ran across a BSA fact sheet that lists how many of each merit
      badge Scouts have earned both for 2005 and since inception. I glued it
      into a spreadsheet to sort and rank it. (2006 data isn't yet available)

      In 2005, 4,963 Radio merit badges were earned, ranking it 77 out of
      121. Since it's inception in 1921 114,558 have been earned ranking it
      94.

      At least, we are in the dreaded "over 100" which means you get to be a
      candidate for removal. So let's try and make sure that EVERY scout
      gets a convenient opportunity to earn Radio Merit Badge in 2007.

      73

      Gary, K2GW