CQ all Radio Scouts

  • David HUTCHINSON
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 8, 2007
      Firstly my apologies to the group moderator for my posting of what you will consider to be a blatent advert  Please read it first before you delete it - its just a bit of fun.
      I am a 58 year old ex District Commissioner, ex National Health Service family physician who has been around as a warranted scout leader for 33 years and has been in ham radio as a licensed ham for 32 years - I renewed my interest in the hobby mainly to get onto JOTA. I've been running JOTA and Jamboree stations for years. Why am I telling you all this?

      OK - here goes - I am now officially unemployed (comfortably unemployed) and have time on my hands so I plan to play some radio as time permits. I plan to Celebrate the Scouting Centenary Year - as time permits. I plan to look for the various awards that can be earned by scout stations this year. Its really a case of I scratch your back and you scratch mine  For those of you who CAN'T read between the lines - let me spell it out. I am looking for skeds with Scout stations in ALL corners of the globe in 2007.

      My home station is a FT857 with Ranger 811H and Cushcraft A3W at 50ft above grund. I have a good take off in all directions because I live on the top of a hill. I also run a half wave dipole on 80m at 40ft and an inverted Vee 1/2 wave dipole on 40m.

      During 2007 I will be part of the IRTS DXpedition to Swaziland and I will also be signing /ZS1 on 40m from Cape Town for a week in March. In July I will be joining the WSJ2007 radio team and I plan to have a ball with them too. I am determined to enjoy Scouting in the Centenary Year and to help as many other scout radio amateurs as I can to enjoy it too. I you want to work a scout station with the following prefixes -
      EI4; GI4; G4; /ZS1; 3DA0

      then I will be happy to oblige you. All you have to do is email me at david@... and we will talk turkey. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE do not reply to this email on this Yahoo Group because I won't reply to you. I am NOT trying to start a debate. I will ONLY reply to personal emails.

      73 de Dr Dave GI4FUM / EI4DJ
      Check out my pedigree on QRZ.com - well some of it anyway