Re: [scoutradio] Digest Number 92

  • Dave Colter
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 26 5:03 AM
      Sounds like a great idea - how about some awards that would appeal to Scout/hams
      outside the US as well? Where at HVSR are you planning to set up the station?
      Dave Colter WA1ZCN
      SM, T71 New London, NH
      (and HVSR radio/telephone maintenance dept.)
      http://www.scouttraveler.org
      http://www.geocities.com/nhscouter

      Darryl wrote:

      > Greetings,
      >
      > Please allow me to introduce myself, my name is Darryl Wagoner, I am ASM of
      > Troop 122
      > in Greenville, NH, Eagle Scout and Extra Amateur. I am planning to set up a
      > HF station
      > at summer camp in August as well as having a JOTA site.
      >
      > It seems to me that Scouting and Ham radio fits together very nicely. I
      > think JOTA
      > is a good start, but it doesn't go far enough to keep the interest of the
      > kids. So
      > I am in the process of starting a "on the air" awards program much like the
      > 3905 Century
      > Club http://www.qsl.net/3905ccn/. This would be awards for both Scouts and
      > non Scouts.
      > For example "Worked Boy Scouts in all States", "Worked all Council", etc.
      > We could have
      > QSL bureaus, etc.
      >
      > What do you think? Any interest? Anyone want to help?
      >
      > Thanks
      >
      > --
      > Darryl Wagoner WA1GON
      > 603-598-6500 x929

    • Wagoner, Darryl
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 26 6:32 AM
        Greeting,

        >Sounds like a great idea - how about some awards that would appeal to
        Scout/hams
        >outside the US as well?

        Of course but not sure what yet, plus I would like to set this up as a club
        which
        would be Scout run. Maybe have a few adults on the board with veto power,
        but
        by and large I would like for this to be a Scout learning/growth group.

        >Where at HVSR are you planning to set up the station?

        Well, it won't be at HVSR, but at Wannockset(sp) at Jaffery. My XYL leaves
        for her last major show next week so we have just about flat out getting
        ready for it. Then I will turn my attention to Scout Camp.

        Is there any current Scout on the air nets?

        thanks & 73