Awards club

  • Wagoner, Darryl
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 25, 2000
      Greetings,

      Please allow me to introduce myself, my name is Darryl Wagoner, I am ASM of
      Troop 122
      in Greenville, NH, Eagle Scout and Extra Amateur. I am planning to set up a
      HF station
      at summer camp in August as well as having a JOTA site.

      It seems to me that Scouting and Ham radio fits together very nicely. I
      think JOTA
      is a good start, but it doesn't go far enough to keep the interest of the
      kids. So
      I am in the process of starting a "on the air" awards program much like the
      3905 Century
      Club http://www.qsl.net/3905ccn/. This would be awards for both Scouts and
      non Scouts.
      For example "Worked Boy Scouts in all States", "Worked all Council", etc.
      We could have
      QSL bureaus, etc.

      What do you think? Any interest? Anyone want to help?

      Thanks

      --
      Darryl Wagoner WA1GON
      603-598-6500 x929