re: [ScoutRadio] Australian Jamboree

  • Dan Fisher AI4GK
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 2, 2007
      I looked on the Web sites mentioned and couldn't find a sked anywhere. Are the Scouting frequencies being used as calling freq's? What bands and times are being used?

      Dan Fisher, AI4GK
      www.qrz.com/ai4gk
      Public Service Chairman, Platinum Coast Amateur Radio Society (www.pcars.org)
      Brevard County FL Public Information Officer, ARRL, the national assoication for Amateur Radio (www.arrl.org)

      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 4, 2007
        Have spoken to VI3JAM tonight via IRLP(6063), they are likely to have
        echolink running on the 5th(local) and are also hoping to have the
        IRLP node up as well.

        Jamboree IRLP node: 6975
        Bendigo IRLP node: 6063

        They were heard on 20m tonight.

        Photos of the VI3JAM shack and Jamboree site can be found here:
        http://www.wia.org.au/news/2007/20070103-01.php

        Andrew Farmer
        VK2FACD
        Scout Leader
        1st Asquith Scout Troop
        www.asquithscouts.com

        --- In ScoutRadio@yahoogroups.com, "Dan Fisher AI4GK" <ai4gk@...>
        wrote:

        > I looked on the Web sites mentioned and couldn't find
        a sked anywhere. Are the Scouting frequencies being used as calling
        freq's? What bands and times are being used?

        > Dan Fisher, AI4GK
        > www.qrz.com/ai4gk
        > Public Service Chairman, Platinum Coast Amateur Radio Society
        (www.pcars.org)
        > Brevard County FL Public Information Officer, ARRL, the national
        assoication for Amateur Radio (www.arrl.org)

      • Chikai
        Message 3 of 5 , Jan 4, 2007
          There were a lot of spottings on the DX-cluster 14.195 later 14.190, but they didn't really get through to Europe as far as I can tell. From Andrew VK2FACD I understand they are about to solve ISP problems and become QRV on Echolink quite soon too. Can't wait to work them there!

          73 de Paul PA5UL
          Radio Interested Scout RIS#410
          opr de PA6N/J 2004, GB5EJ 2005, World Jamboree 2007
          QRV on Echolink