Australian Jamboree

  • Bill Ragsdale
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 1, 2007
      What are the IRLP or Echolink node numbers to contact the Australian
      Jamboree at Elsmore, Australia?

      Bill Ragsdale, K6KN
      Yolo District BSA, USA
    • PA5UL
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 2, 2007
        So far not a lot of activity by VI3JAM apparently. Just before the official Opening time I briefly saw VI3JAM on Echolink (1 Jan 22:40 UTC or thereabouts), tried to connect a few times but all timed out and within 20 minutes they disappeared again. In the Location/Description they signed something starting with AJ2007 so you might want to set an alarm for them.

        On the DX Cluster so far only one spot:
         7065.0  VI3JAM       2-Jan-2007 0417Z  21St VK Scout Jamboree      <VK2HSV>

        Hopefully they will overcome whatever difficulties they might have run into (sounds familiar from personal experiences at GB5EJ...) and we get to work them soon.
        73 de Paul PA5UL
        Radio Interested Scout RIS#410
        "Chikai" Cub Scout Master, Sionee Pack, Scouting Ashanti, Zoetermeer, The Netherlands
        Occasionally on Echolink node#259814
      • Dan Fisher AI4GK
        Message 3 of 5 , Jan 2, 2007
          I looked on the Web sites mentioned and couldn't find a sked anywhere. Are the Scouting frequencies being used as calling freq's? What bands and times are being used?

          Dan Fisher, AI4GK
          www.qrz.com/ai4gk
          Public Service Chairman, Platinum Coast Amateur Radio Society (www.pcars.org)
          Brevard County FL Public Information Officer, ARRL, the national assoication for Amateur Radio (www.arrl.org)

          Message 4 of 5 , Jan 4, 2007
            Have spoken to VI3JAM tonight via IRLP(6063), they are likely to have
            echolink running on the 5th(local) and are also hoping to have the
            IRLP node up as well.

            Jamboree IRLP node: 6975
            Bendigo IRLP node: 6063

            They were heard on 20m tonight.

            Photos of the VI3JAM shack and Jamboree site can be found here:
            http://www.wia.org.au/news/2007/20070103-01.php

            Andrew Farmer
            VK2FACD
            Scout Leader
            1st Asquith Scout Troop
            www.asquithscouts.com

            --- In ScoutRadio@yahoogroups.com, "Dan Fisher AI4GK" <ai4gk@...>
            wrote:

            > I looked on the Web sites mentioned and couldn't find
            a sked anywhere. Are the Scouting frequencies being used as calling
            freq's? What bands and times are being used?

            > Dan Fisher, AI4GK
            > www.qrz.com/ai4gk
            > Public Service Chairman, Platinum Coast Amateur Radio Society
            (www.pcars.org)
            > Brevard County FL Public Information Officer, ARRL, the national
            assoication for Amateur Radio (www.arrl.org)

          • Chikai
            Message 5 of 5 , Jan 4, 2007
              There were a lot of spottings on the DX-cluster 14.195 later 14.190, but they didn't really get through to Europe as far as I can tell. From Andrew VK2FACD I understand they are about to solve ISP problems and become QRV on Echolink quite soon too. Can't wait to work them there!

              73 de Paul PA5UL
              Radio Interested Scout RIS#410
              opr de PA6N/J 2004, GB5EJ 2005, World Jamboree 2007
              QRV on Echolink