Re: kit suppliers

  • n8var
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 12, 2006
      First thing, I saw at the 2005 National Jamboree, Absolutely
      awsome. I was waiting for them to start offering it and kind of let
      things go. I will be ordering one for myself very soon now.

      I have been helping to put on the Electronics meritbadge for a number
      of years and we have 4 kits we like. We have gotten to know the
      circuits pretty well and can usually get them going. There are
      always some extreme cases that just can't be resurected.

      Here's the site and links to 3 of the kits. There is a digital
      combination lock that I couldn't find so it might not be available
      anymore.

      Here is the web site http://www.mpja.com/

      The four kits we like are the :
      http://www.mpja.com/productview.asp?product=6031+KT Siren
      http://www.mpja.com/productview.asp?product=1142+KT Strobe
      http://www.mpja.com/productview.asp?product=6005+KT Game

      --- In ScoutRadio@yahoogroups.com, Tom Fagan <wb7nxh@...> wrote:

      > If you go to the IEEE website at
      > http://www.emeritbadges.org/ they have a boy scout
      > electronics kit that costs $15. Your local IEEE
      > section should have the budget to pay for these for
      > the boys. They will also help you with the assembly
      > and teaching the classes.
      >
      > Tom Fagan WB7NXH
      > ARRL Section Manager Arizona
      > IEEE Tucson Arizona Section member
      > Catalina Council, Spanish Trails District, Assistant
      > District Commissioner
      >

      > --- barry whittemore <wb1edi@...> wrote:
      >
      > > i have some interest in the electronics and radio
      > > merit badge class at my
      > > troop. i would like to know where people have bought
      > > interesting and
      > > inexpensive kits. i am looking for something in the
      > > $10 range. where are any
      > > of you getting such things.
      > > thanks
      > > Barry
      > > WB1EDI/KB1NH

      > > Try Search Survival Kits: Fix up your home and
      > > better handle your cash with
      > > Live Search!
      > >
      > http://imagine-windowslive.com/search/kits/default.aspx?
      kit=improve&locale=en-US&source=hmtagline