Re: kit suppliers

  • ravennaelectronics
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 7, 2006
      I get my electronic kits for the Merit Badges and the Webelos
      Craftsman badge from Ramsey Electronics, www.ramseykits.com. They
      are easy and inexpensive.

      73
      Doc

      --- In ScoutRadio@yahoogroups.com, "barry whittemore" <wb1edi@...>
      wrote:

      > i have some interest in the electronics and radio merit badge
      class at my
      > troop. i would like to know where people have bought interesting
      and
      > inexpensive kits. i am looking for something in the $10 range.
      where are any
      > of you getting such things.
      > thanks
      > Barry
      > WB1EDI/KB1NH

      > Try Search Survival Kits: Fix up your home and better handle your
      cash with
      > Live Search!
      > http://imagine-windowslive.com/search/kits/default.aspx?
      kit=improve&locale=en-US&source=hmtagline

    • Dan Fisher AI4GK
      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 7, 2006
        I'm a bit disappointed that their Web site features Electronics, Electricity and Computers Merit Badges, but NOT Radio. I can't get onto their Blog from work; it's filtered. I'm wondering if someone from ARRL HQ could contact the IEEE and ask them to also support the Radio MB?

        Dan

        Dan Fisher, AI4GK
        www.qrz.com/ai4gk
        Public Service Chairman, Platinum Coast Amateur Radio Society (www.pcars.org)
        Brevard County FL Public Information Officer, ARRL, the national assoication for Amateur Radio (www.arrl.org)

        Message 3 of 5 , Nov 12, 2006
          First thing, I saw at the 2005 National Jamboree, Absolutely
          awsome. I was waiting for them to start offering it and kind of let
          things go. I will be ordering one for myself very soon now.

          I have been helping to put on the Electronics meritbadge for a number
          of years and we have 4 kits we like. We have gotten to know the
          circuits pretty well and can usually get them going. There are
          always some extreme cases that just can't be resurected.

          Here's the site and links to 3 of the kits. There is a digital
          combination lock that I couldn't find so it might not be available
          anymore.

          Here is the web site http://www.mpja.com/

          The four kits we like are the :
          http://www.mpja.com/productview.asp?product=6031+KT Siren