kit suppliers

  • barry whittemore
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 7, 2006
      i have some interest in the electronics and radio merit badge class at my
      troop. i would like to know where people have bought interesting and
      inexpensive kits. i am looking for something in the $10 range. where are any
      of you getting such things.
      thanks
      Barry
      WB1EDI/KB1NH

      Try Search Survival Kits: Fix up your home and better handle your cash with
      Live Search!
      http://imagine-windowslive.com/search/kits/default.aspx?kit=improve&locale=en-US&source=hmtagline
    • Tom Fagan
      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 7, 2006
        If you go to the IEEE website at
        http://www.emeritbadges.org/ they have a boy scout
        electronics kit that costs $15. Your local IEEE
        section should have the budget to pay for these for
        the boys. They will also help you with the assembly
        and teaching the classes.

        Tom Fagan WB7NXH
        ARRL Section Manager Arizona
        IEEE Tucson Arizona Section member
        Catalina Council, Spanish Trails District, Assistant
        District Commissioner

        --- barry whittemore <wb1edi@...> wrote:

        > i have some interest in the electronics and radio
        > merit badge class at my
        > troop. i would like to know where people have bought
        > interesting and
        > inexpensive kits. i am looking for something in the
        > $10 range. where are any
        > of you getting such things.
        > thanks
        > Barry
        > WB1EDI/KB1NH

        > Try Search Survival Kits: Fix up your home and
        > better handle your cash with
        > Live Search!

        http://imagine-windowslive.com/search/kits/default.aspx?kit=improve&locale=en-US&source=hmtagline

        Sponsored Link

        Get a free Motorola Razr! Today Only!
        Choose Cingular, Sprint, Verizon, Alltel, or T-Mobile.
        http://www.letstalk.com/inlink.htm?to=592913
      • ravennaelectronics
        Message 3 of 5 , Nov 7, 2006
          I get my electronic kits for the Merit Badges and the Webelos
          Craftsman badge from Ramsey Electronics, www.ramseykits.com. They
          are easy and inexpensive.

          73
          Doc

          --- In ScoutRadio@yahoogroups.com, "barry whittemore" <wb1edi@...>
          wrote:

          > i have some interest in the electronics and radio merit badge
          class at my
          > troop. i would like to know where people have bought interesting
          and
          > inexpensive kits. i am looking for something in the $10 range.
          where are any
          > of you getting such things.
          > thanks
          > Barry
          > WB1EDI/KB1NH

          > Try Search Survival Kits: Fix up your home and better handle your
          cash with
          > Live Search!
          > http://imagine-windowslive.com/search/kits/default.aspx?
          kit=improve&locale=en-US&source=hmtagline

        • Dan Fisher AI4GK
          Message 4 of 5 , Nov 7, 2006
            I'm a bit disappointed that their Web site features Electronics, Electricity and Computers Merit Badges, but NOT Radio. I can't get onto their Blog from work; it's filtered. I'm wondering if someone from ARRL HQ could contact the IEEE and ask them to also support the Radio MB?

            Dan

            Dan Fisher, AI4GK
            www.qrz.com/ai4gk
            Public Service Chairman, Platinum Coast Amateur Radio Society (www.pcars.org)
            Brevard County FL Public Information Officer, ARRL, the national assoication for Amateur Radio (www.arrl.org)

            --- barry whittemore <wb1edi@hotmail. com > wrote:

            > i have some interest in the electronics and radio
            > merit badge class at my
            > troop. i would like to know where people have bought
            > interesting and
            > inexpensive kits. i am looking for something in the
            > $10 range. where are any
            > of you getting such things.
            > thanks
            > Barry
            > WB1EDI/KB1NH

            > Try Search Survival Kits: Fix up your home and
            > better handle your cash with
            > Live Search!

            http://imagine- windowslive. com/search/ kits/default. aspx?kit= improve&locale= en-US&source= hmtagline

            Sponsored Link

            Get a free Motorola Razr! Today Only!
            Choose Cingular, Sprint, Verizon, Alltel, or T-Mobile.
            http://www.letstalk .com/inlink. htm?to=592913

          • n8var
            Message 5 of 5 , Nov 12, 2006
              First thing, I saw at the 2005 National Jamboree, Absolutely
              awsome. I was waiting for them to start offering it and kind of let
              things go. I will be ordering one for myself very soon now.

              I have been helping to put on the Electronics meritbadge for a number
              of years and we have 4 kits we like. We have gotten to know the
              circuits pretty well and can usually get them going. There are
              always some extreme cases that just can't be resurected.

              Here's the site and links to 3 of the kits. There is a digital
              combination lock that I couldn't find so it might not be available
              anymore.

              Here is the web site http://www.mpja.com/

              The four kits we like are the :
              http://www.mpja.com/productview.asp?product=6031+KT Siren