Code Practice Oscillator circuit?

  • Gary W Thorburn
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 7, 2006
      I'm planning to do an introduction to Morse Code for some
      scouts. I have a couple 555-timer chip based oscillators
      we use, but I'd like to throw together something with a
      cleaner tone. Anyone have a good simple circuit based on
      one or two transistors that will drive a speaker to a low
      but listenable level?

      ----------------------
      Gary KD1TE
      Troop 130
      Maynard, Massachusetts
      ----------------------
    • Frank Krizan
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 7, 2006

        Hi Gary,

        I did a search on Google for “Morse Code oscillator circuit” and the first hit was http://www.arrl.org/news/features/2003/10/30/1/  This is a relatively simple circuit and sounds relatively good.  For older scouts, it could even be a construction project.

        73, Frank KR1ZAN

        President, K2BSA Amateur Radio Association

        I'm planning to do an introduction to Morse Code for some
        scouts. I have a couple 555-timer chip based oscillators
        we use, but I'd like to throw together something with a
        cleaner tone. Anyone have a good simple circuit based on
        one or two transistors that will drive a speaker to a low
        but listenable level?

        ------------ --------- -
        Gary KD1TE
        Troop 130
        Maynard, Massachusetts

      • gary_thorburn
        Message 3 of 3 , Nov 7, 2006
          Thanks, Frank. This looks like a good candidate,
          I can probably put it together tonight.

          73, Gary

          --- In ScoutRadio@yahoogroups.com, "Frank Krizan" <frank.krizan@...>