Re: [ScoutRadio] Briefing for Cub Scouts

  • kimbare@hicom.net
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 6, 2006
      I have done it many times and they always had fun...I have a box of all the labled parts...it was an old readio taken apart and labled....I have  my morse code key...I have done game s and prizes with them...I would hand out kids day invites.....and of course show pix of  us at 911 and the red cross and the marathon and parades and I always tell them @ skywarn...then we play and talk on tyhe radio...before I leave I give them coloring pages with my contact in fo on the bottom and home made  chocolate I made in the shapes of a ham radio

      On Mon, 06 Nov 2006 17:51:53 -0000, Dave wrote

      > I've just been
      asked to give a briefing to a Cub Scout Pack on Amateur

      Radio. Although I already have one done it primarily focuses on the

      adult/scout leader population. I know I've asked for ideas before and

      the group has been very receptive. Has anyone done something like this

      for Cub Scouts or have any ideas to share that might keep their

      interest? I'm guessing I'll have between 30 mins - 1 hr. I may try to

      set up a couple of stations (VHF, UHF, CW Osicillator, etc). Any

      ideas/input from the group would be appreciated.

      Thanks,

      Dave Adsit

      KG4BIR

      Stephens City, Virginia

      -->

      --
      Sent from hicom.net (http://www.hicom.net)
      via "OpenWebMail" (http://openwebmail.org)

    • Jim Lien
      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 7, 2006
        Having done a bunch of these, I agree with everyone's ideas.

        I always had a pre-set sked with someone on 2 meters who had a
        scouting background and we did a QSO with him discussing his history
        with ham radio as well as scouting. Always had a few boys who would
        want to talk to him.

        Jim
        N3LSI