Re: 50th anniverary JOTA camporees throughout USA

  • Gary Wilson
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 30, 2006
      --- In ScoutRadio@yahoogroups.com, "Bill Morine" <n2cop@...> wrote:

      > Dear Fellow Radio Scouters:
      >
      > It's rewarding to read the favorable reports of how well JOTA went
      > this year. Now here's a thought for 2007. Since next Oct. 19-21,
      > 2007 will be the 50th anniverary of JOTA, what do you think about
      > Radio Camporee in each ARRL section?

      Great Idea!

      I've already asked our local district to try to schedule their fall
      camporee for that date. Being lazy, that way we could offer the
      program (JOTA, Radio MB, Tech Class and VE Session) on top of their
      handling the camporee logistics (water, portapotties, registration,
      etc.)

      I know they would jump at the chance of someone taking on the
      program aspects as long as we let them design the patch. ;-)

      73

      Gary Wilson, K2GW
      Mercer Area District
      Central New Jersey Council.
    • Gary Wilson
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 16, 2007
        Just wondering how others are progressing on this? I'm working on a
        tentative JOTA weekend with Monmouth and Central New Jersey Councils
        at Monmouth's nearby Quail Hill Scout camp.

        It should be a lot of fun.

        73

        Gary, K2GW