Re: [scoutradio] Radio Merit Badge

  • John Bednar
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 27, 2000
      > How did everyone's Field Day Scouting event go.

      Troop 242 was active for the first time during Field
      Day with my call and my son's, WB3ESS on the
      novice station. My son gave a radio/Field Day demo
      at the prior meeting (requested by the PLC).

      Band conditions were very bad in PA. We were running
      100 watts but it seemed like we were QRPP. We installed
      the 40m antenna late after supper. Around 10:30pm local
      40m was runnable and one of the scouts made more
      contacts in less than two hours than both stations
      made all day. He was so excited at times he couldn't
      talk.

      By Sunday noon the guys asked if we could sleep
      over one more night. I'm sure we'll be on the air next year
      and they will be fired up for JOTA.

      John, K3CT
      SA Troop 242, Cherryville, PA
      k3ct@...