JOTA 2006

  • Ken Skinner
    Message 1 of 29 , Oct 13, 2006
      Hey all.  I will be operating from George W. Pirtle Scout Reservation in Northeast Texas for JOTA.  I have about 50 scouts coming out and hope to teach the Radio merit badge in full to about 1/2 of them.  Will probably call on 14.290 and then move off to another frequency.  Look forward to talking to some of you.  Probably get started around 10am on Saturday.

      By the way, if anyway is interested, the Panola County ARC will be operating a special event station at the Jim Reeves' Memorial just east of Carthage TX on Saturday, October 28, starting at 9am and working most of the day.  We will be sending out numbered certificates to commerate the event (in exchange for a SASE).  Not sure which frequencies we will be using, but will let you all know asap.

      Yours in Scouting,

      Ken Skinner N5OW
      Ranger, Camp Pirtle
      President, Panola County ARC