Re: [scoutradio] Digest Number 83

  • Darrell Hale
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 23, 2000
      >We plan to put a low battery alarm on the repeater - it will beep
      >each time the repeater is keyed up.

      May I suggest that you look into adding APRS to the repeater site. You could
      setup it up as a full blown digipeater, or as a telemetry-only addition on
      the repeater output.

      As a digipeater, any APRS user would benefit from the tower's location. And
      give the camp good APRS coverage for any experimenting with this mode.

      As a telemetry only setup, you could monitor and transmit one or more values
      (such as battery voltage, door open condition, SWR expressed as a voltage,
      etc.) The audio packet data burst could be controlled so that it would only
      be heard if the alarm(s) are tripped, or you remotely turn it on and off for
      general maintenance monitoring.

      You would also add some weather sensors and have a remote weather monitoring
      station as well.

      Some ideas to consider:

      http://web.usna.navy.mil/~bruninga/mim2.html
      http://www.tapr.org/tapr/html/Fpice.html