Ottawa District Camporee HF Operation

  • Frank Maynard
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 12, 2006
      We will be operating WB8BSA during the Ottawa District Fall Field
      Challenge from the Kensington Metropark group campsite near Milford,
      Michigan on Saturday, 14 October. We hope to be on between 1300-2100Z
      (9AM-5PM Eastern). Look for us on 20m and 40m near the usual Scout
      frequencies. We'll also try 15 and up if it's open.

      We will also be providing on-trail communications for the other part of
      the Field Challenge, which is a six-mile hike for some of the participants
      between Friday night's encampment at a nearby state recreation area and
      the main camp at Kensington. There are six checkpoints, which will be
      staffed by scouters and volunteers from the South Lyon Area Amateur Radio
      Club nearby. We're hoping to introduce ham radio to many of the scouts
      attending this weekend's event.

      If you hear us on HF, give us a call!

      73

      YiS,
      Frank Maynard, NF8M
      MC, Troop 407; CR, Pack 54; District Cub Training Chair & Roundtable Staff
      ...and a good old Bobwhite too! (C-23-04)
      Mighty Ottawa District, Clinton Valley Council
      Novi, Michigan