RE: [ScoutRadio] Spanish trails district camporee

  • dadsit@adelphia.net
    Message 1 of 7 , Oct 12, 2006
      Any chance of moving up above 14.225? That's where the General class
      privileges start and may increase the amount of contacts you get. You could
      even go on/near the 14.290 which is the designated WOSM/International Scout
      frequency on 20 meters.

      Dave Adsit
      KG4BIR
      Stephens City, VA

      Message 2 of 7 , Oct 12, 2006
        Hi!

        > I'm not sure, but I've never seen an AO reoriented like
        > this before for a single user group.

        AO-51 has been operated differently than many other amateur
        satellites in the past, since it can be set up for many
        different configurations. Sometimes, two different
        configurations can be operated at the same time (i.e.,
        2m/70cm FM repeater with 2m/70cm 9600bps digital, or
        2m/70cm FM repeater with 23cm/70cm FM repeater). The AO-51
        configuration for next week, with 2 FM repeaters, has been
        used a few times in the recent past including for the ARRL
        Field Day in late June.

        I am a member of AMSAT's AO-51 Operations Group, which makes
        the monthly schedules for this satellite:

        http://www.amsat.org/amsat-new/echo/ControlTeam.php

        and we receive e-mails from radio amateurs around the world
        at our ao51-modes @ amsat.org (remove spaces around the @
        sign) e-mail address. Some request a configuration for an
        event like JOTA, Field Day, or a local hamfest. Others want
        to try something out at their station and would like one of
        the less-common configurations turned on.

        If you are set up to work these satellites, give it a try
        and post your results. Also, if you could e-mail the
        ao51-modes address with the same information, we would
        appreciate it. We use these sorts of comments to know if a
        particular configuration is popular, meriting its use in the
        future. If you'd like to discuss details on setting up for
        working this satellite (and others), please e-mail me directly
        and we can take care of that. Many 2m/70cm handheld and mobile
        radios are able to be used with the FM satellites.

        Good luck, and 73!

        Patrick WD9EWK/VA7EWK - Phoenix AZ
        http://www.wd9ewk.net/

        (with 2 Scouts at home, hoping to be active during JOTA)
      • Tom Fagan
        Message 3 of 7 , Oct 12, 2006
          I will do so. See you on the air.

          Tom