Spanish trails district camporee

  • Tom Fagan
    Message 1 of 7 , Oct 12, 2006
      We will be having our Spanish trails district camporee
      this weekend starting at 00:00 Zulu tomorrow in Tucson
      Arizona at the Double V campground.

      We will be on the air from 14.200 to 14.220 MHz. I
      believe the callsign will be N7GV but there might be
      others. We will be calling CQ camporee.

      I know this is not the JOTA weekend by we could use
      your help in giving us contacts for the boys.

      Thanks
      Tom Fagan WB7NXH
      ARRL Section Manager Arizona
      Tucson Arizona
      Spanish Trails District Catalina Council
      Camporee committee member
      Assistant District Commissioner

      http://mail.yahoo.com
    • dadsit@adelphia.net
      Message 2 of 7 , Oct 12, 2006
        Any chance of moving up above 14.225? That's where the General class
        privileges start and may increase the amount of contacts you get. You could
        even go on/near the 14.290 which is the designated WOSM/International Scout
        frequency on 20 meters.

        Dave Adsit
        KG4BIR
        Stephens City, VA

        We will be having our Spanish trails district camporee
        this weekend starting at 00:00 Zulu tomorrow in Tucson
        Arizona at the Double V campground.

        We will be on the air from 14.200 to 14.220 MHz. I
        believe the callsign will be N7GV but there might be
        others. We will be calling CQ camporee.

        I know this is not the JOTA weekend by we could use
        your help in giving us contacts for the boys.

        Thanks
        Tom Fagan WB7NXH
        ARRL Section Manager Arizona
        Tucson Arizona
        Spanish Trails District Catalina Council
        Camporee committee member
        Assistant District Commissioner

        http://mail.yahoo.com

        http://mail2web.com/ .
      • wd9ewk
        Message 3 of 7 , Oct 12, 2006
          Hi!

          > I'm not sure, but I've never seen an AO reoriented like
          > this before for a single user group.

          AO-51 has been operated differently than many other amateur
          satellites in the past, since it can be set up for many
          different configurations. Sometimes, two different
          configurations can be operated at the same time (i.e.,
          2m/70cm FM repeater with 2m/70cm 9600bps digital, or
          2m/70cm FM repeater with 23cm/70cm FM repeater). The AO-51
          configuration for next week, with 2 FM repeaters, has been
          used a few times in the recent past including for the ARRL
          Field Day in late June.

          I am a member of AMSAT's AO-51 Operations Group, which makes
          the monthly schedules for this satellite:

          http://www.amsat.org/amsat-new/echo/ControlTeam.php

          and we receive e-mails from radio amateurs around the world
          at our ao51-modes @ amsat.org (remove spaces around the @
          sign) e-mail address. Some request a configuration for an
          event like JOTA, Field Day, or a local hamfest. Others want
          to try something out at their station and would like one of
          the less-common configurations turned on.

          If you are set up to work these satellites, give it a try
          and post your results. Also, if you could e-mail the
          ao51-modes address with the same information, we would
          appreciate it. We use these sorts of comments to know if a
          particular configuration is popular, meriting its use in the
          future. If you'd like to discuss details on setting up for
          working this satellite (and others), please e-mail me directly
          and we can take care of that. Many 2m/70cm handheld and mobile
          radios are able to be used with the FM satellites.

          Good luck, and 73!

          Patrick WD9EWK/VA7EWK - Phoenix AZ
          http://www.wd9ewk.net/

          (with 2 Scouts at home, hoping to be active during JOTA)
        • Tom Fagan
          Message 4 of 7 , Oct 12, 2006
            I will do so. See you on the air.

            Tom