Re: [ScoutRadio] Eagle Scout Antenna Project

  • Martin A. Flynn
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 2, 2006
      Frank,
      Great Story! One question though: The article states "Fellow members
      of the Platinum Coast Amateur Radio Society helped build the antenna"

      Any idea if this is a home brew antenna or a commercial product
      installed per local code?

      Martin

      On Mon, 2006-10-02 at 14:33 -0700, Frank Maynard wrote:
      > Florida scout installs emergency antennas as his Eagle project:
      >
      > http://www.floridatoday.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060930/NEWS01/609300315
      >
      > --
      > YiS,
      > Frank Maynard, NF8M
      > MC, Troop 407; CR, Pack 54; District Cub Training Chair & Roundtable

    • Dan Fisher AI4GK
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 2, 2006
        Martin,

        The antenna was built by members of the club. It's a design that they've built before. It was done according to code. In fact, it pretty much took an act of Congress to get it through the School Board bureaucracy. A contracor who works for the School District actually did the installation.

        If I can be of further help, please don't hesitate to contact me.

        YIS and 73,
        Dan Fisher, AI4GK