Scout Ham Radio - Disaster Event This Saturday!

  • Steve Lehmann
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 21, 2006

      Scout Ham Radio - Disaster Event Saturday!

      Any persons interested in having a listening ear near JOTA frequencies would be appreciated this Saturday afternoon between 1pm and 4:30pm Central Time.

      The W.D. Boyce Council in Central Illinois is having a disaster preparedness camporee involving 300-400 scouts.  Ham radio is one of many things being demonstrated.  Two HF stations are anticipated to be set up with primary communications on 20 and 40 meters.  In addition there will be VHF and UHF equipment also demonstrated as well as Packet and APRS.

      The event call sign will be N9MSF for all stations.  If you hear us on please give us a call – we all know how the scouts love to see technology in action!

      Our operating may be hampered by the line of severe weather expected to come across Central Illinois Friday and Saturday but we will try our best to be on the air!

      73s

      Steve N9MSF

      Steve Lehmann

      Storm Front Productions