Re: [scoutradio] Scout Camp repeater system

  • Craig Marks
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 19, 2000
      From: Dave Colter <dbcolter@...>
      To: scoutradio <scoutradio@egroups.com>
      Sent: Monday, June 19, 2000 11:37 PM
      Subject: [scoutradio] Scout Camp repeater system

      > Hello all,
      > Here's another aspect of "Scout radio" for everyone's amusement. .

      I'm assuming from snippets that this is your vocation.

      Hopefully you saw my post about the Emergency Management Exploring.
      In addition to putting a radio/communications chapter in the program
      helps, I'm looking for someone who can design and provide radio
      systems for the numerous units we hope to establish across the
      country.

      I need somebody to spec. a basic package...radios, solar repeater,
      base station that a post could consider and work towards acquiring.
      Would like the base station to be capable of interfacing with
      fire/rescue frequencies for jurisdictions that allow them to.

      You interested...or know anybody who might be. It'd really only be an
      hour or so a week...

      If you didn't see my original post, I'll send it; if you would like to
      be on the radio advisory committee, let me know. Good luck up in NH.

      Subscribe today: em_youth_response_tm-subscribe@egroups.com

      CRAIG A. MARKS
      National Chairman, COO
      Emergency Management Youth Response Teams, Inc.

      Head Cheerleader,
      Emergency Management Exploring Initiative

      All around swell guy
    • Jon Pearl W4ABC
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 22, 2000
        Sounds like you're having fun spending the "moolah" Dave. I'm envious. We
        have kicked the idea around here a bit. It would add security and safety to
        our camp (some 1800 acres).

        We have been working from the Amateur Radio end, in trying to saturate our
        council with a linked VHF-UHF system. We have more than enough stuff ready
        to place a couple a more sites online, but are having to play the "game"
        with building owners etc.

        Keep us posted on how the new series of radios works for you, as well as the
        new antenna/heliax combo. I'm sure at that elevation, it's going to smoke!

        73, Jon Pearl W4ABC

        West Central Florida ScoutRadio Network