KB1NH/VE9 KB1NH/1

  • barry whittemore
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 18 4:40 AM
      I am back from our St. Croix river trip. The Pellican case that the radio
      was in performed flawlessly and my FT817 stayed dry. I called cq many times
      on the trip but was only able to have one QSO when i tried a long shot and
      answered a CQ from an SP station. others on my trip were impressed that i
      could talk to Poland with a wire dipole up 20 ft and enough power to light a
      night light while running off a battery in the woods. i hope to have gotten
      some interest from the boys in my troop. One of the boys had a grandfather
      Ham become a SK while we were on our trip. It was a great trip but a bit
      dissapointing on the radio contacting front. i will try to get something
      better for the JOTA in OCT.
      Barry
      WB1EDI KB1NH