Re: [ScoutRadio] Story: Radio shack now on the air

  • Bill Stewart
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 2, 2006
      Frank,
      Are there any photos of the shack??? I know we would all love to see the set up.

      73 and YiS,

      Bill Stewart, W2BSA, Colonial District, National Capital Area Council

      Frank Maynard wrote:

      From the Grand Traverse (Michigan) Herald:

      http://www.gtherald .com/herald/ 2006/aug/ 02radio.htm

      YiS,
      Frank Maynard, NF8M
      MC, Troop 407; CR, Pack 54; District Cub Training Chair & Roundtable Staff
      ...and a good old Bobwhite too! (C-23-04)
      Mighty Ottawa District, Clinton Valley Council
      Novi, Michigan

    • Stephen M. Shearer
      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 4, 2006

        Next week Troop 30 from Stanton , DE will be at Camp Rodney in North East, MD for the week.  I will be on the air with 10 watts HF.  If I can find my interface, I will be on HF digital modes, too.  Look for KB3NCC.  We will also operate on 146.48 simplex in camp (40 watt base plus HT’s).  We may also use the 146.850(-) machine.__

        The Troop has 4 scouts with tech license, 2 adults with tech (one is going to summer camp), and I am extra.  I am going to try and do radio MB.  I don’t know if I will have any takers…  I think my boys feel that getting a license was enough but I can work with them at home, too.

        73, Steve WB3LGC

      • eagle57g
        Message 3 of 5 , Aug 5, 2006
          -

          Steve,
          I will look for you on 2m at 146.85- repeater. Think that is Havde
          Grace , MD...Should be able to reach you..
          What time is 'best' for you??
          Dennis,,K3NVI

          -- In ScoutRadio@yahoogroups.com, "Stephen M. Shearer" <wb3lgc@...>
          wrote:

          > Next week Troop 30 from Stanton, DE will be at Camp Rodney in North
          East, MD
          > for the week. I will be on the air with 10 watts HF. If I can
          find my
          > interface, I will be on HF digital modes, too. Look for KB3NCC.
          We will
          > also operate on 146.48 simplex in camp (40 watt base plus HT's).
          We may
          > also use the 146.850(-) machine.__
          >

          > The Troop has 4 scouts with tech license, 2 adults with tech (one
          is going
          > to summer camp), and I am extra. I am going to try and do radio
          MB. I
          > don't know if I will have any takers. I think my boys feel that
          getting a
          > license was enough but I can work with them at home, too.
          >

          > 73, Steve WB3LGC

        • Stephen M. Shearer
          Message 4 of 5 , Aug 6, 2006

            Yes, the repeater is in Havde Grace.

            I think you talked to one of our members when we at Horseshoe last fall.

            Look for KB3NCC – club call

            KB3LYN, BOB

            WB3LGC, STEVE

            KB3MML, DAVID

            KB3MEI, ROB

            KB3MMS, DAVID

            KB3LUF, ANDREW

            AT ANY TIME, but I will encourage the repeater after lunch.

            73, Steve

            wrote:

            > Next week Troop 30 from Stanton ,
            w:st="on">DE will be at Camp Rodney in North