Story: Radio shack now on the air

  • Frank Maynard
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 2, 2006
      From the Grand Traverse (Michigan) Herald:

      http://www.gtherald.com/herald/2006/aug/02radio.htm

      YiS,
      Frank Maynard, NF8M
      MC, Troop 407; CR, Pack 54; District Cub Training Chair & Roundtable Staff
      ...and a good old Bobwhite too! (C-23-04)
      Mighty Ottawa District, Clinton Valley Council
      Novi, Michigan
    • Bill Stewart
      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 2, 2006
        Frank,
        Are there any photos of the shack??? I know we would all love to see the set up.

        73 and YiS,

        Bill Stewart, W2BSA, Colonial District, National Capital Area Council

        Frank Maynard wrote:

        From the Grand Traverse (Michigan) Herald:

        http://www.gtherald .com/herald/ 2006/aug/ 02radio.htm

        YiS,
        Frank Maynard, NF8M
        MC, Troop 407; CR, Pack 54; District Cub Training Chair & Roundtable Staff
        ...and a good old Bobwhite too! (C-23-04)
        Mighty Ottawa District, Clinton Valley Council
        Novi, Michigan

      • Stephen M. Shearer
        Message 3 of 5 , Aug 4, 2006

          Next week Troop 30 from Stanton , DE will be at Camp Rodney in North East, MD for the week.  I will be on the air with 10 watts HF.  If I can find my interface, I will be on HF digital modes, too.  Look for KB3NCC.  We will also operate on 146.48 simplex in camp (40 watt base plus HT’s).  We may also use the 146.850(-) machine.__

          The Troop has 4 scouts with tech license, 2 adults with tech (one is going to summer camp), and I am extra.  I am going to try and do radio MB.  I don’t know if I will have any takers…  I think my boys feel that getting a license was enough but I can work with them at home, too.

          73, Steve WB3LGC

        • eagle57g
          Message 4 of 5 , Aug 5, 2006
            -

            Steve,
            I will look for you on 2m at 146.85- repeater. Think that is Havde
            Grace , MD...Should be able to reach you..
            What time is 'best' for you??
            Dennis,,K3NVI

            -- In ScoutRadio@yahoogroups.com, "Stephen M. Shearer" <wb3lgc@...>
            wrote:

            > Next week Troop 30 from Stanton, DE will be at Camp Rodney in North
            East, MD
            > for the week. I will be on the air with 10 watts HF. If I can
            find my
            > interface, I will be on HF digital modes, too. Look for KB3NCC.
            We will
            > also operate on 146.48 simplex in camp (40 watt base plus HT's).
            We may
            > also use the 146.850(-) machine.__
            >

            > The Troop has 4 scouts with tech license, 2 adults with tech (one
            is going
            > to summer camp), and I am extra. I am going to try and do radio
            MB. I
            > don't know if I will have any takers. I think my boys feel that
            getting a
            > license was enough but I can work with them at home, too.
            >

            > 73, Steve WB3LGC

          • Stephen M. Shearer
            Message 5 of 5 , Aug 6, 2006

              Yes, the repeater is in Havde Grace.

              I think you talked to one of our members when we at Horseshoe last fall.

              Look for KB3NCC – club call

              KB3LYN, BOB

              WB3LGC, STEVE

              KB3MML, DAVID

              KB3MEI, ROB

              KB3MMS, DAVID

              KB3LUF, ANDREW

              AT ANY TIME, but I will encourage the repeater after lunch.

              73, Steve

              wrote:

              > Next week Troop 30 from Stanton ,
              w:st="on">DE will be at Camp Rodney in North