Urgent: Need Aussie scouts/hams for sked on 6/19 or 6/20!

  • Jamboree On The Air via W8ABZ
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 6, 2000
      Folks,

      Just joined the list. My apologies for procrastinating and then posting an
      urgent call for help, but I'm a lazy engineer and we just do things at the last
      minute like this, so it's a hard habit to break...

      Anywho, the Cub Scout groups in Cleveland, Ohio, are holding an all-week event
      6/19-6/23, and I'm on tap for Monday 6/19 to do a setup for ham radio. Of
      course, it being a weekday, I didn't even attempt to get my fellow lawyer and
      banker type hams with JOTA experience to join me on my fun vacation day to demo
      radio. The theme for this year's gathering is "Down Under" and I'd like to set
      up skeds with Aussie hams to talk to the kids up here. (Or talk with me, with
      the kids standing by, per 3rd party regs, as needed)

      I'll be checking back in with the local scout leaders to get the exact time
      frame.

      Right now, the only Aussie thing I have to show is my Outbacker Outreach antenna
      (NICE!), which I will be using with my usual Field Day setup (FT847 or IC707, PC
      for SSTV, PSK, RTTY, or whatever).

      I hope someone can get back to me to help out with this last-minute request.
      Feel free to pass this message on to other Aussie hams, related to Scouting or
      not.

      Contact me at any of the following:

      jota@...
      w8abz@...
      dereed@...

      Many thanks in advance!

      For my old JOTA 1998 SSTV pix and story, check out
      http://www.mindspring.com/~w8abz/ (this year I'll be using something better
      than the Barbie cam! :-) -- and I hope to see you all at FD and JOTA 2K!

      73
      Dale Reed, W8ABZ