Technique for Camp QSOs

  • Scott Hedberg
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 2, 2006
      Here's a technique that is used by the Amateur Radio Lighthouse Society that
      helps members work lighthouse activations....

      If you hear a Scout camp that is currently on the air, send a short email to
      the group (ScoutRadio@yahoogroups.com) with the callsign, camp name,
      frequency, time heard, RST, and your location.

      Example email:

      K5BSA, Philmont Scout Ranch is up on 14.290 MHz, 1905 UTC, 57 here in VA

      ....Those folks monitoring email will be able to go to the freq and attempt
      a QSO.

      It's not a foolproof method as sometimes email delivery lags, but it may
      result in more QSO with Scout camps.

      73 Scott AD7MI
    • fisher_daniel@bellsouth.net
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 7, 2006
        Scott,

        Great idea!!! Let's see if it helps!

        73,
        Dan AI4GK

        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 7, 2006
          Rudy,

          That probably was KM4OP, Phil. He's a good guy and next time I talk with him I'll pass on the accolades.

          73,
          Dan AI4GK, Palm Bay FL

          From: "Rue Stuteville" <onamo@...>
          Date: 2006/08/02 Wed AM 09:08:51 EDT
          To: ScoutRadio@yahoogroups.com
          Subject: [ScoutRadio] Camps

          Good morning all,
          I listened and called again no luck. But I heard a station in Fla.
          have a contact with a scout camp in southern NY. I could not hear the
          scout camp but the station in Fla. was doing a good job. I was going
          to going back to him as soon as he cleared with the scouts. But he
          shut down before I contacted him. But he talked with several scouts
          who told him they were working on their radio merit badge, he gave
          them a very good QSO and told them he hoped to hear them soon with
          their own call sign. He was KM4OP in Palm Bay Fla. I am going to try
          to contact him and thank him, also tell him about SCCP.

          73's
          Rudy KA4PLH