Camps

  • Rue Stuteville
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 2, 2006
      Good morning all,
      I listened and called again no luck. But I heard a station in Fla.
      have a contact with a scout camp in southern NY. I could not hear the
      scout camp but the station in Fla. was doing a good job. I was going
      to going back to him as soon as he cleared with the scouts. But he
      shut down before I contacted him. But he talked with several scouts
      who told him they were working on their radio merit badge, he gave
      them a very good QSO and told them he hoped to hear them soon with
      their own call sign. He was KM4OP in Palm Bay Fla. I am going to try
      to contact him and thank him, also tell him about SCCP.

      73's
      Rudy KA4PLH
    • Scott Hedberg
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 2, 2006
        Here's a technique that is used by the Amateur Radio Lighthouse Society that
        helps members work lighthouse activations....

        If you hear a Scout camp that is currently on the air, send a short email to
        the group (ScoutRadio@yahoogroups.com) with the callsign, camp name,
        frequency, time heard, RST, and your location.

        Example email:

        K5BSA, Philmont Scout Ranch is up on 14.290 MHz, 1905 UTC, 57 here in VA

        ....Those folks monitoring email will be able to go to the freq and attempt
        a QSO.

        It's not a foolproof method as sometimes email delivery lags, but it may
        result in more QSO with Scout camps.

        73 Scott AD7MI
      • fisher_daniel@bellsouth.net
        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 7, 2006
          Scott,

          Great idea!!! Let's see if it helps!

          73,
          Dan AI4GK

          Message 4 of 4 , Aug 7, 2006
            Rudy,

            That probably was KM4OP, Phil. He's a good guy and next time I talk with him I'll pass on the accolades.

            73,
            Dan AI4GK, Palm Bay FL