JOTA Answers

  • Alan Stumpf
    Message 1 of 1 , May 19, 2000
      Christopher,
      There is no better time to start planning for JOTA then the present.
      Field Day is just around the corner and that is where you can find out what
      equipment clubs have, JOTA station lay out, finding personal to man the
      stations, and various other things I forgot to mention. What you can decide
      now is where are you going to hold JOTA(Get the location Secured), # of
      stations, Modes & frequencies. Another consideration about location:
      Radio Merit Badge classes???
      # of scouts and adults expected
      # of stations
      # of Displays
      Antennas
      Safety
      Power requirements
      And if in a building if there is sound problem (Echoes, crowds, etc)
      how to hear the CW and Voice contacts

      Some or most of these problems can be simply answered by the Field Day
      Chairperson so ask around.

      Martin A. Flynn,
      Check out http://www.arrl.org/ead/#scout to find all the ARRL has about JOTA
      including the frequencies.

      To Everybody,

      I am trying to put together a web page for the Amateur Radio Scouter or
      Scout about JOTA and Radio Merit Badge. It is located at
      http://pages.prodigy.net/aws69/ . Please look at it and tell me what you
      think. It is still under construction so be patient. If you have any JOTA or
      Radio Merit Badge pages you want me to link it to then get me the address.

      73's

      Alan Stumpf, KB3DHC
      KB3DHC@...
      http://pages.prodigy.net/aws69/
      Assistant Scoutmaster Troop 377
      Greater Pittsburgh Council
      Enda Lechauhanne 57 | >>======> | This weekend Vigil !!!!
      3rd Assistant Scoutmaster 2001 Jamboree Troop RED (No number yet)
      North Hills Amateur Radio Club
      JOTA Committee Chair