Virginia amateurs involved with scouting

  • Rue Stuteville
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 8 9:29 AM
      Good morning Scout Radio,
      Boy things are looking up for amateurs to get involved in scouting.
      Thank you to KG4BIR for posting my email to the Virginia Section on
      scout radio. When I applied for the position of Asst. Section Manager
      for Scouting and Youth in Virgina I had no idea this was going on.
      When I was told that this would help me in my endever, I was very
      happy at the emails that came back to me on my first post here. I just
      listened to the 99 hobbies interview of K2GW. It was a great
      interview, thanks K2GW. I saw a post from K2FRD about it and about
      being from a fox. Does this mean that you are from the only real WB
      patrol the FOX PATROL!!! I am going to be in summer camp next week and
      I am taking my QRP rig, the only one I can take porable right now
      except 2 meters which I will also have. The camp is Camp Pipisco and
      it is located on the James River in Surry County Va. Hope to make
      contact with someone.

      73's and keep up the good work
      Rudy KA4PLH
    • Fred Stevens K2FRD
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 8 7:19 PM
        Rudy, just a quick correction: I'm not a Fox nor a Wood Badger. I think the flurry of postings crossed a couple quotes, but I believe Frank KR1ZAN is the Fox and possibly Gary K2GW. I instructed a part of Wood Badge back in the mid-60s when I worked at Schiff Scout Reservation (Mendham, NJ - not the one on Long Island), but never had the opportunity to take Wood Badge while I was either a Professional or a Volunteer. That said, I have seen some of the strongest bonds in and to Scouting cemented by Wood Badge and I think we're seeing a lot of those bonds here in this group as we continue to forge the relationship between Scouting and ham radio.

        73 and Yours In Scouting de Fred K2FRD

        At 4:29 PM +0000 7/8/06, Rue Stuteville wrote:
        >Good morning Scout Radio,
        >Boy things are looking up for amateurs to get involved in scouting.
        >Thank you to KG4BIR for posting my email to the Virginia Section on
        >scout radio. When I applied for the position of Asst. Section Manager
        >for Scouting and Youth in Virgina I had no idea this was going on.
        >When I was told that this would help me in my endever, I was very
        >happy at the emails that came back to me on my first post here. I just
        >listened to the 99 hobbies interview of K2GW. It was a great
        >interview, thanks K2GW. I saw a post from K2FRD about it and about
        >being from a fox. Does this mean that you are from the only real WB
        >patrol the FOX PATROL!!! I am going to be in summer camp next week and
        >I am taking my QRP rig, the only one I can take porable right now
        >except 2 meters which I will also have. The camp is Camp Pipisco and
        >it is located on the James River in Surry County Va. Hope to make
        >contact with someone.
        >
        >73's and keep up the good work
        >Rudy KA4PLH

        Editor-Publisher