Hello,

  • Paul Finch
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 6 8:22 PM
      Hello,

      Just joined, thought I would introduce myself. My name is Paul Finch, call
      is WB5IDM. Other than my original call of WN5IDM it's been the only one I
      have had since 1971. I live on 16.5 acres with 4 ponds, lots of Bass and
      Catfish, lots of trees and a 500 foot communications tower I erected in
      1998. I now have 2 UHF 440 and one VHF 147 MHz repeater on it while working
      on 2 900 MHz, a 220, a 10 meter and a 6 Meter repeater for the tower. Oh,
      by the way, I have several customers on the tower to help defray the cost of
      my Ham Habit.

      My Son Aaron started in the Tiger Cub program and rose all the way to Eagle
      Scout in 2004 just before his 18th birthday. You guessed it, I am a proud
      Dad! I was his Tiger Cub Leader and his Pack Scout Leader until he crossed
      over into Troop 147 Boy Scouts and since then I have been on the Troop
      Committee, still am two years after my Son got his Eagle. In 1996 at the
      age of 10 my Son got his Ham license and since there has been 2 other Scouts
      that have acquired theirs. We had had some good times on Ham radio since.
      Yeah, now he's 20 years old and would rather talk on the cell phone to his
      friends, some day I hope he comes back. He is in the Southwester Baptist
      Theological Seminary for Music Ministry.

      If your ever in the Fort Worth/Dallas area give me a call on 147.16 MHz,
      +600 KHz and 110.9 CTCSS.

      You can look at the tower at www.AzleComm.com , there is also a tower in
      Sweetwater, Texas I manage but so far no Ham stuff on it.

      I belong to the Tri County Amateur Radio Club based in Azle, Texas. We meet
      every first Saturday of the month, except this one that's been rescheduled
      to this Saturday. We meet for dinner at local restaurants before the
      meeting, this month is at the El Paso Restaurant on Azle Main street around
      5:30 PM. After the dinner our meeting is held in the Azle City Council
      Chambers at 7:00 PM. Come on and have dinner and visit our meeting, we will
      be talking about our upcoming balloon launch! I am also the Texas VHF FM
      Society Zone 1 440 MHz coordinator.

      Some day, when you all are bored I will send out the story of my Eagle Scout
      Uncle that survived three prisoner of war camps in WW2, he swore it was his
      Eagle training that got him through, he was not a Ham though, darn it!

      Paul