New Members...

  • Jon Pearl - W4ABC
    Message 1 of 18 , Jul 6, 2006
      I'm wondering if the new Scout Camp Protocol story has found another new
      place to roost? Before I started typing this email, our list had grown by
      another nine members today. While typing, the tenth new members joined and
      it's not quite 2300 hours local, here.

      Who's reading what, where?

      Fraternally,

      Jon Pearl - W4ABC
    • Fred Stevens K2FRD
      Message 2 of 18 , Jul 7, 2006
        Jon, the OCARG EAGLE has also seen a surge of some dozen new subscribers. Many have come as a result of Dan AI4GK's news release on QRZ.com http://www.qrz.com/ib-bin/ikonboard.cgi?act=ST&f=3&t=124409 It's also my understanding that CQ magazine very recently published Dan's SCCP news release, so we may also be seeing new members from that source. Think what it'll be like when other major publications, both online and off place an article in their respective magazines. The Word is getting out, albeit slowly.

        I only just got the SCCP on my own website: http://homepage.mac.com/k2frd/SCCP.htm .

        The trickle may become a flood... this is a GOOD thing!

        73 and YIS de Fred K2FRD

        At 10:57 PM -0400 7/6/06, Jon Pearl - W4ABC wrote:
        >I'm wondering if the new Scout Camp Protocol story has found another new
        >place to roost? Before I started typing this email, our list had grown by
        >another nine members today. While typing, the tenth new members joined and
        >it's not quite 2300 hours local, here.
        >
        >Who's reading what, where?
        >

        >Fraternally,
        >
        >Jon Pearl - W4ABC

        Editor-Publisher
        http://homepage.mac.com/k2frd/ocarg.htm
      • Jon Pearl - W4ABC
        Message 3 of 18 , Jul 7, 2006
          Hi Fred.

          Yes, I saw the QRZ article, but it has since dropped down off of the front
          page. That's why I questioned just what was going on. I knew that we had
          to attribute it to something else. On the whole, the Dan's article made it
          through the QRZ gauntlet relatively unscathed! You're never going to get
          everybody on-board 100% on any issue, but throwing an article onto the QRZ
          message boards can test your mettle. ;>)

          And, yes... I saw the article in the Eagle. You're doing O/T with the
          extended summer edition!

          I've got a subscription to CQ and judging from the number of new members to
          the group, the latest edition is no doubt in the mail!

          Good job, Dan. Good job, Fred.

          YIS

          Jon Pearl - W4ABC

          > Jon, the OCARG EAGLE has also seen a surge of some dozen new subscribers.
          > Many have come as a result of Dan AI4GK's news release on QRZ.com
          > http://www.qrz.com/ib-bin/ikonboard.cgi?act=ST&f=3&t=124409 It's also my
          > understanding that CQ magazine very recently published Dan's SCCP news
          > release, so we may also be seeing new members from that source. Think what
          > it'll be like when other major publications, both online and off place an
          > article in their respective magazines. The Word is getting out, albeit
          > slowly.
          >
          > I only just got the SCCP on my own website:
          > http://homepage.mac.com/k2frd/SCCP.htm .
          >
          > The trickle may become a flood... this is a GOOD thing!
          >
          > 73 and YIS de Fred K2FRD
        • Tony Joint
          Message 4 of 18 , Jul 7, 2006
            An article on the SCCP has also been posted  on the ARRL's web site:

            I would not be surprised if this results in even more exposure for the group and new members.
            Great job to everyone who is promoting this new contact protocol.

            -tony

            ==
            Anthony Joint, KB3HGJ
            MC, Troop 208, Pittsburgh PA
            Vice President, Skyview Radio Society

            On Jul 7, 2006, at 9:34 AM, Fred Stevens K2FRD wrote:

            Jon, the OCARG EAGLE has also seen a surge of some dozen new subscribers. Many have come as a result of Dan AI4GK's news release on QRZ.com http://www.qrz.com/ib-bin/ikonboard.cgi?act=ST&f=3&t=124409 It's also my understanding that CQ magazine very recently published Dan's SCCP news release, so we may also be seeing new members from that source. Think what it'll be like when other major publications, both online and off place an article in their respective magazines. The Word is getting out, albeit slowly.

            I only just got the SCCP on my own website: http://homepage.mac.com/k2frd/SCCP.htm .

            The trickle may become a flood... this is a GOOD thing!

            73 and YIS de Fred K2FRD

            At 10:57 PM -0400 7/6/06, Jon Pearl - W4ABC wrote:
            >I'm wondering if the new Scout Camp Protocol story has found another new
            >place to roost? Before I started typing this email, our list had grown by
            >another nine members today. While typing, the tenth new members joined and
            >it's not quite 2300 hours local, here.
            >
            >Who's reading what, where?
            >

            >Fraternally,
            >
            >Jon Pearl - W4ABC

            Editor-Publisher
            http://homepage.mac.com/k2frd/ocarg.htm

          • Gary Wilson
            Message 5 of 18 , Jul 7, 2006
              Coincidently with the CQ article and an article on the ARRL web
              page, I was interviewed this week about Scouting and Amateur Radio
              for a PodCast series entitled "99 Hobbies". The series of
              interviews is on the various aspects of Amateur Radio and how it's
              really 99 hobbies in one.

              Obviously, I promoted this ScoutRadio Yahoo Group in the interview,
              as well as encouraging other hams to get involved teaching Radio
              Merit Badge and providing Jamboree on the Air opportunities.

              For those of you over 25, a PodCast is similar to a radio show,
              except that it's done as .mpg files for downloading and subsequent
              listening to on your iPod or computer. Dave has a great series of
              ham radio interviews there. You can find it at

              http://99hobbies.blogspot.com/

              Just right click on any of the interviews and click "save file as"
              to download it to your computer.

              73 & YIS

              Gary, K2GW
            • fisher_daniel@bellsouth.net
              Message 6 of 18 , Jul 7, 2006
                Fred,

                Yesterday, ARRL published the story on the Web site. It was edited and some cool graphics were added, in addition to the photo I submitted with the news release. You should get even more hits, now!

                Thanks to Frank and all the others that assisted in getting the story published!

                73,
                Dan AI4GK

                From: Fred Stevens K2FRD <k2frd@...>
                Date: 2006/07/07 Fri AM 09:34:40 EDT
                To: ScoutRadio@yahoogroups.com
                Subject: Re: [ScoutRadio] New Members...

                Jon, the OCARG EAGLE has also seen a surge of some dozen new subscribers. Many have come as a result of Dan AI4GK's news release on QRZ.com http://www.qrz.com/ib-bin/ikonboard.cgi?act=ST&f=3&t=124409 It's also my understanding that CQ magazine very recently published Dan's SCCP news release, so we may also be seeing new members from that source. Think what it'll be like when other major publications, both online and off place an article in their respective magazines. The Word is getting out, albeit slowly.

                I only just got the SCCP on my own website: http://homepage.mac.com/k2frd/SCCP.htm .

                The trickle may become a flood... this is a GOOD thing!

                73 and YIS de Fred K2FRD

                At 10:57 PM -0400 7/6/06, Jon Pearl - W4ABC wrote:
                >I'm wondering if the new Scout Camp Protocol story has found another new
                >place to roost? Before I started typing this email, our list had grown by
                >another nine members today. While typing, the tenth new members joined and
                >it's not quite 2300 hours local, here.
                >
                >Who's reading what, where?
                >

                >Fraternally,
                >
                >Jon Pearl - W4ABC

                Editor-Publisher
                http://homepage.mac.com/k2frd/ocarg.htm

                Dan Fisher
                Amateur Radio call sign AI4GK
                ARRL: the national organization for Amateur Radio www.arrl.org

                Who am I? www.qrz.com/ai4gk
              • fisher_daniel@bellsouth.net
                Message 7 of 18 , Jul 7, 2006
                  Jon,

                  ARRL Web site published the story yesterday (July 6).

                  73,

                  Dan AI4GK

                  Message 8 of 18 , Jul 7, 2006
                    "On the whole, Dan's article made it through the QRZ gauntlet relatively
                    unscathed!"

                    Looks more betterer.

                      > I'm wondering if the new Scout Camp Protocol story has found another new
                      > place to roost? Before I started typing this email, our list had grown by
                      > another nine members today. While typing, the tenth new members joined and
                      > it's not quite 2300 hours local, here.
                      >
                      > Who's reading what, where?
                      >
                      > Fraternally,
                      >
                      > Jon Pearl - W4ABC

                      The ARRL posted it on their web page and gave it a RSS feed.
                      See http://www.arrl.org/news/stories/2006/07/06/102/?nc=1

                      They gave a link to the yahoo group site.

                      --

                      William Dale - N2RHV -
                      Santa Clara Valley Section Manager, ARRL
                      Message 10 of 18 , Jul 7, 2006
                        Gary, since you are one of the very proactive ham-Scouters promoting ham radio in Scouting and Scouting in ham radio and have been for many years, it goes without saying (but needs to be said anyway) that your efforts are very much appreciated. If there was a Silver Beaver for ham-Scouting (a Radio Beaver Award?), you'd be right up there on the list of awardees! Even from my insignificant level, I would still like to forward my thanks and congratulations for a job well done with the 99hobbies interview. By extending our ham-Scouting interests outside our own worlds of Scouting and ham radio, you have enabled us to have a good shot at reaching the other worlds to let them know we exist.

                        73, Yours in Scouting, Yours in ARES/RACES, and Yours In Buddipoling,

                        Fred K2FRD
                        Editor-Publisher
                        OCARG EAGLE

                        Message 11 of 18 , Jul 7, 2006
                          Jon, Gary, Dan, Frank, Tony, and all the Loyal members of ScoutRadio--

                          I feel we are experiencing some major breakthroughs toward our common goals of integrating ham radio into Scouting and Scouting into ham radio. Just within the past week, we've seen Dan's news release in CQ Magazine, the ARRL Web News, and the slightly older QRZ.com forum (forgive me if I've missed any; there are probably more). In addition, there's been some major efforts made with ham-Scouting here in Arizona (details to come later). If subscriptions to the OCARG EAGLE and ScoutRadio are any measurement, we are seeing a major momentum build-up toward increased awareness among hams and Scouters of the existence of the mutually beneficial relationship between our two worlds.

                          Let's keep the momentum and surge of enthusiasm going!

                          73 de Fred K2FRD, VO2FS
                          Editor-Publisher
                          OCARG EAGLE
                          http://homepage.mac.com/k2frd/ocarg.htm

                          ARRL Web News article on SCCP:

                          At 10:38 AM -0400 7/7/06, Jon Pearl - W4ABC wrote:
                          >Hi Fred.
                          >
                          >Yes, I saw the QRZ article, but it has since dropped down off of the front
                          >page. That's why I questioned just what was going on. I knew that we had
                          >to attribute it to something else. On the whole, the Dan's article made it
                          >through the QRZ gauntlet relatively unscathed! You're never going to get
                          >everybody on-board 100% on any issue, but throwing an article onto the QRZ
                          >message boards can test your mettle. ;>)
                          >
                          >And, yes... I saw the article in the Eagle. You're doing O/T with the
                          >extended summer edition!
                          >
                          >I've got a subscription to CQ and judging from the number of new members to
                          >the group, the latest edition is no doubt in the mail!
                          >
                          >Good job, Dan. Good job, Fred.
                          >YIS
                          >Jon Pearl - W4ABC
                          >
                          > > Jon, the OCARG EAGLE has also seen a surge of some dozen new subscribers.
                          >> Many have come as a result of Dan AI4GK's news release on QRZ.com
                          >> http://www.qrz.com/ib-bin/ikonboard.cgi?act=ST&f=3&t=124409 It's also my
                          >> understanding that CQ magazine very recently published Dan's SCCP news
                          >> release, so we may also be seeing new members from that source. Think what
                          >> it'll be like when other major publications, both online and off place an
                          >> article in their respective magazines. The Word is getting out, albeit
                          >> slowly.
                          >>
                          >> I only just got the SCCP on my own website:
                          >> http://homepage.mac.com/k2frd/SCCP.htm .
                          >>
                          >> The trickle may become a flood... this is a GOOD thing!
                          >>
                          > > 73 and YIS de Fred K2FRD
                        • Frank Krizan
                          Message 12 of 18 , Jul 7, 2006

                            HOW … HOW

                            From a good ol’ Fox, too!

                            YiS, Frank KR1ZAN

                            Gary, since you are one of the very proactive ham-Scouters promoting ham radio in Scouting and Scouting in ham radio and have been for many years, it goes without saying (but needs to be said anyway) that your efforts are very much appreciated. If there was a Silver Beaver for ham-Scouting (a Radio Beaver Award?), you'd be right up there on the list of awardees! Even from my insignificant level, I would still like to forward my thanks and congratulations for a job well done with the 99hobbies interview. By extending our ham-Scouting interests outside our own worlds of Scouting and ham radio, you have enabled us to have a good shot at reaching the other worlds to let them know we exist.

                            73, Yours in Scouting, Yours in ARES/RACES, and Yours In Buddipoling,

                            Fred K2FRD
                            Editor-Publisher
                            OCARG EAGLE
                            http://homepage. mac.com/k2frd/ ocarg.htm

                            At 4:07 PM +0000 7/7/06, Gary Wilson wrote:

                            >Coincidently with the CQ article and an article on the ARRL web
                            >page, I was interviewed this week about Scouting and Amateur Radio
                            >for a PodCast series entitled "99 Hobbies". The series of
                            >interviews is on the various aspects of Amateur Radio and how it's
                            >really 99 hobbies in one.
                            >
                            >Obviously, I promoted this ScoutRadio Yahoo Group in the interview,
                            >as well as encouraging other hams to get involved teaching Radio
                            >Merit Badge and providing Jamboree on the Air opportunities.
                            >
                            >For those of you over 25, a PodCast is similar to a radio show,
                            >except that it's done as .mpg files for downloading and subsequent
                            >listening to on your iPod or computer. Dave has a great series of
                            >ham radio interviews there. You can find it at
                            >
                            >http://99hobbies. blogspot. com/
                            >
                            >Just right click on any of the interviews and click "save file
                            as"
                            >to download it to your computer.
                            >
                            >73 & YIS
                            >
                            >Gary, K2GW

                            Editor-Publisher
                            http://homepage. mac.com/k2frd/ ocarg.htm

                          • Adsit
                            Message 13 of 18 , Jul 8, 2006
                              Here's yet another recent development in the ScoutRadio efforts within Virginia; an e-mail I received
                              from a fellow ham earlier this week:

                              Good morning Virginia Amateurs,
                              >I would like to introduce myself. I am Rue Stuteville
                              KA4PLH nickname is
                              >Rudy, I am the new appointed Asst. Section Manager
                              for Scouting and Youth.
                              >I have been involved in amateur radio since 1980
                              and scouting since 1949,
                              >I hold an extra class license. My scouting
                              awards are I am an Eagle Scout
                              >earning it in 1954, I also earned the
                              Explorer Silver Award 1956. I have
                              >been awarded the District Award of
                              Merit and the Silver Beaver from the
                              >Tidewater Council.
                              >This
                              position is new to the Virginia Section and I am kind of winging it
                              >right now. I have been looking at all the web sites and see that a lot
                              you
                              >are already doing a lot for Virginia scouting and youth. This means
                              I can
                              >look at you for help and some ideas to make Virginia number 1 in
                              getting
                              >our youth involved in Amateur Radio.
                              >I need pictures and
                              articles on what you are doing with the youth. If
                              >there is enough we can
                              make a little enewsletter on our happens.
                              >Let me know what you
                              think,

                              >73's
                              >
                              >Rudy
                              >KA4PLH

                              Things are really getting exciting and taking shape.

                              73,
                              Dave Adsit
                              KG4BIR
                              Scoutmaster, Troop 159
                              Stephens City, Virginia

                              Jon, Gary, Dan, Frank, Tony, and all the Loyal members of ScoutRadio--

                              I feel we are experiencing some major breakthroughs toward our common goals of integrating ham radio into Scouting and Scouting into ham radio. Just within the past week, we've seen Dan's news release in CQ Magazine, the ARRL Web News, and the slightly older QRZ.com forum (forgive me if I've missed any; there are probably more). In addition, there's been some major efforts made with ham-Scouting here in Arizona (details to come later). If subscriptions to the OCARG EAGLE and ScoutRadio are any measurement, we are seeing a major momentum build-up toward increased awareness among hams and Scouters of the existence of the mutually beneficial relationship between our two worlds.

                              Let's keep the momentum and surge of enthusiasm going!

                              73 de Fred K2FRD, VO2FS
                              Editor-Publisher
                              OCARG EAGLE
                              http://homepage. mac.com/k2frd/ ocarg.htm

                              At 11:20 AM -0400 7/7/06, Tony Joint wrote:

                              ARRL Web News article on SCCP:

                              ><http://www.arrl. org/news/ stories/2006/ 07/06/102/>http://www.arrl. org/news/ stories/2006/ 07/06/102/

                              At 10:38 AM -0400 7/7/06, Jon Pearl - W4ABC wrote:
                              >Hi Fred.
                              >
                              >Yes, I saw the QRZ article, but it has since dropped down off of the front
                              >page. That's why I questioned just what was going on. I knew that we had
                              >to attribute it to something else. On the whole, the Dan's article made it
                              >through the QRZ gauntlet relatively unscathed! You're never going to get
                              >everybody on-board 100% on any issue, but throwing an article onto the QRZ
                              >message boards can test your mettle. ;>)
                              >
                              >And, yes... I saw the article in the Eagle. You're doing O/T with the
                              >extended summer edition!
                              >
                              >I've got a subscription to CQ and judging from the number of new members to
                              >the group, the latest edition is no doubt in the mail!
                              >
                              >Good job, Dan. Good job, Fred.
                              >YIS
                              >Jon Pearl - W4ABC
                              >
                              > > Jon, the OCARG EAGLE has also seen a surge of some dozen new subscribers.
                              >> Many have come as a result of Dan AI4GK's news release on QRZ.com
                              >> http://www.qrz. com/ib-bin/ ikonboard. cgi?act=ST& f=3&t=124409 It's also my
                              >> understanding that CQ magazine very recently published Dan's SCCP news
                              >> release, so we may also be seeing new members from that source. Think what
                              >> it'll be like when other major publications, both online and off place an
                              >> article in their respective magazines. The Word is getting out, albeit
                              >> slowly.
                              >>
                              >> I only just got the SCCP on my own website:
                              >> http://homepage. mac.com/k2frd/ SCCP.htm .
                              >>
                              >> The trickle may become a flood... this is a GOOD thing!
                              >>
                              > > 73 and YIS de Fred K2FRD

                              Checked by AVG Free Edition.
                            • Fred Stevens K2FRD
                              Message 14 of 18 , Jul 8, 2006
                                Bill, as a League Section Manager and active Scouter, have you considered posting the SCCP to your monthly Section Newsletter? We can use all the coverage we can get from any source. We're already seeing positive effects of the SCCP's publication/posting on this group, QRZ.com, the OCARG EAGLE, CQ Magazine, and now the ARRL Web. Many, many dedicated ham-Scouters simply are not aware of the existence of this Yahoo group nor of any other of the ham-Scouting organizations in the US, Canada, and other parts of the world. We need to heighten their awareness through all possible media means in the hopes that any particular ham-Scouter who has been functioning in a vacuum will sooner or later read at least one article someplace about the SCCP and the ScoutRadio Group and, hopefully become involved in the larger ham-Scouting effort. Section Newsletters reach a broad spectrum of ham operators of whom I am certain many are involved in Scouting, but are unaware of our efforts to organize at higher levels and share mutually beneficial information.

                                73 and YIS,
                                Fred K2FRD

                                At 4:07 PM -0700 7/7/06, Bill Dale wrote:

                                >The ARRL posted it on their web page and gave it a RSS feed.
                                >See http://www.arrl.org/news/stories/2006/07/06/102/?nc=1
                                >
                                >They gave a link to the yahoo group site.
                                >
                                >William Dale - N2RHV -
                                >Santa Clara Valley Section Manager, ARRL
                                >Milpitas Amateur Radio & Electronic Society (MARES) Treasurer
                                >http://w6mlp.org
                                >http://radioflier.blogspot.com
                                mailto:n2rhv@...

                                Editor-Publisher
                                http://homepage.mac.com/k2frd/ocarg.htm
                              • Bill Dale
                                Message 15 of 18 , Jul 8, 2006
                                  Fred Stevens K2FRD wrote:

                                  > Bill, as a League Section Manager and active Scouter, have you
                                  > considered posting the SCCP to your monthly Section Newsletter? We can
                                  > use all the coverage we can get from any source. We're already seeing
                                  > positive effects of the SCCP's publication/posting on this group,
                                  > QRZ.com, the OCARG EAGLE, CQ Magazine, and now the ARRL Web. Many, many
                                  > dedicated ham-Scouters simply are not aware of the existence of this
                                  > Yahoo group nor of any other of the ham-Scouting organizations in the
                                  > US, Canada, and other parts of the world. We need to heighten their
                                  > awareness through all possible media means in the hopes that any
                                  > particular ham-Scouter who has been functioning in a vacuum will sooner
                                  > or later read at least one article someplace about the SCCP and the
                                  > ScoutRadio Group and, hopefully become involved in the larger
                                  > ham-Scouting effort. Section Newsletters reach a broad spectrum of ham
                                  > operators of whom I am certain many are involved in Scouting, but are
                                  > unaware of our efforts to organize at higher levels and share mutually
                                  > beneficial information.
                                  >
                                  > 73 and YIS,
                                  > Fred K2FRD

                                  I am giving the SCCP wide dissemination. And the idea of a Assistant
                                  Section Manager for Scouting and Youth is awesome. I already have
                                  several candidates. Troop 92 holds club call KM6BSA here in Silly
                                  Valley. Hope to hear you on the bands from camp!

                                  Message 16 of 18 , Jul 8, 2006
                                    Thanks, Fred, but your own efforts with the Eagle (a very good
                                    choice of name BTW, much better than Fox) put mine to shame. As I
                                    said in the interview, it was Scouting that introduced me to the
                                    wonderful world of Amateur Radio in the first place.

                                    The bottom line... let's set a collective goal of offering an annual
                                    Radio Merit Badge Day in every council across the county! Central
                                    New Jersey Council is already covered as we'll be doing next years
                                    at the David Sarnoff Library in January 2007. The instructional
                                    materials are in this Yahoo Groups files area free for the
                                    downloading.

                                    It's win for Amateur Radio and a win for the Scouts! The only folks
                                    who lose are few electrons in the ionosphere who get excited.

                                    73 & YIS,

                                    Gary Wilson, K2GW
                                    Unit Commisioner
                                    Mercer Area District, CNJ Council
                                    A Good Old Eagle (and WB Staffer)

                                    --- In ScoutRadio@yahoogroups.com, Fred Stevens K2FRD <k2frd@...>

                                    Message 17 of 18 , Jul 8, 2006
                                      Gary, I gotta learn to read ahead in the same threads before I respond to any. I think I may have erred in my last post by labeling you a Fox. If I falsely accused you of being in the wrong WB Patrol, I humbly and contritely beseech your forgiveness, knowing that this unworthy person does not deserve forgiveness for such a grievous transgression. :-( Might you be (I cleverly deduce) an Eagle? =-O

                                      The OCARG EAGLE's name came about by a vote of the early OCARG members, mostly Otschodela Council ham-Scouters who forwarded several names for the then "bulletin". The EAGLE won handily.

                                      Like you, I was introduced to ham radio as a Scout. While I had been interested in electronics and radio from my earliest days and was aware of ham radio, it wasn't until my first year on Crumhorn Mtn Scout Camp staff in 1960 at the age of 14 that I actually saw a ham in action. Bob Nichols K2VTT was area director for the Craft Lodge and had set up his station in "the shop". I saw all those bells, whistles, dials, gauges, knobs, and buttons and fell in love with ham radio. Within six months, I earned my Novice as WV2RNN and never looked back. In addition to earning my Eagle rank and taking a Philmont trek, earning my ham license was one of the high points of my Scouting youth. I would like to pass along these accomplishments as goals for as many Scouts as possible.

                                      A Radio Merit Badge Day in every council is a lofty goal to which I think we can at least strive. Best I can tell is that there are 277 or 285 Councils in the US: http://dmoz.org/Recreation/Scouting/Organizations/Boy_Scouts_of_America/Councils/ . We'll first need a generic program for such an event with it flexible enough to tie in with JOTA or other ham-Scouting activities within each Council so that we can sell it to each Council. Some Councils have Scout-O-Ramas while others have Merit Badge colleges which would tie in nicely with this proposal. We'll also need someone to organize such a program. Volunteers? It's a doable project. I'll keep this topic active while I do some background research.

                                      73 and YIS de Fred K2FRD

                                      At 1:18 AM +0000 7/9/06, Gary Wilson wrote:
                                      >Thanks, Fred, but your own efforts with the Eagle (a very good
                                      >choice of name BTW, much better than Fox) put mine to shame. As I
                                      >said in the interview, it was Scouting that introduced me to the
                                      >wonderful world of Amateur Radio in the first place.
                                      >
                                      >The bottom line... let's set a collective goal of offering an annual
                                      >Radio Merit Badge Day in every council across the county! Central
                                      >New Jersey Council is already covered as we'll be doing next years
                                      >at the David Sarnoff Library in January 2007. The instructional
                                      >materials are in this Yahoo Groups files area free for the
                                      >downloading.
                                      >
                                      >It's win for Amateur Radio and a win for the Scouts! The only folks
                                      >who lose are few electrons in the ionosphere who get excited.

                                      Editor-Publisher
                                      http://homepage.mac.com/k2frd/ocarg.htm
                                    • William Albert
                                      Message 18 of 18 , Jul 9, 2006
                                        --- In ScoutRadio@yahoogroups.com, Fred Stevens K2FRD <k2frd@...> wrote:

                                        > Gary, I gotta learn to read ahead in the same threads before I
                                        respond to any. I think I may have erred in my last post by labeling
                                        you a Fox. If I falsely accused you of being in the wrong WB Patrol, I
                                        humbly and contritely beseech your forgiveness, knowing that this
                                        unworthy person does not deserve forgiveness for such a grievous
                                        transgression. :-(

                                        Go Bears WB SR=194 !!!!