Re: SCCP

  • Gary Wilson
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 5, 2006
      To make it simple, here's what I extracted from the posted press
      release:

      New Scout Camp Protocol is for listening for camps during summer:

      1. Scout camps and friends get on the air at 1300, 1900, and 2100
      hours local time.

      2. Calling times extend from 5 minutes before to 5 minutes after
      the hour. The recognized call is "CQ SCOUT CAMPS."

      3. Use the traditional Scout calling frequencies, +/- 10 KHz,
      avoiding any nets .

      a. At 1300 and 1900 Local:
      i. 14.290 USB & 14.070 CW before the hour;
      ii. 7.270 LSB & 7.030 CW after the hour.

      b. At 2100 Local:
      i. 7.270 LSB & 7.030 CW before the hour;
      ii. 3.740/3.940 LSB & 3.590 CW after the

      73

      Gary, K2GW
    • Nathaniel A. Frissell
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 9, 2006
        Hi, Everyone!

        Wow, it looks like it has been a very successfull week. I just went
        through my e-mail, and I can see there has been a huge anount of activity
        since I checked in last Saturday. The ARRL article looks great, and I
        downloaded the 99 Hobbies podcast for use at camp.

        I was able to connect with 4 other camps this week, including Lost Lake
        Scout Camp and Camp Grelick, both in MI.

        Great work, everyone, and see you on the air!

        73 de Nathaniel, W2NAF/W2FSR