RE: [ScoutRadio] SCCP

  • Frank Krizan
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 5, 2006

      Hi Jon,

      Good idea.

      Dan AI4GK, prepared a Press Release.

      I will post it shortly.

      73, Frank KR1ZAN

      President, K2BSA Amateur Radio Association

      Garland, TX

      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 5, 2006
        To make it simple, here's what I extracted from the posted press
        release:

        New Scout Camp Protocol is for listening for camps during summer:

        1. Scout camps and friends get on the air at 1300, 1900, and 2100
        hours local time.

        2. Calling times extend from 5 minutes before to 5 minutes after
        the hour. The recognized call is "CQ SCOUT CAMPS."

        3. Use the traditional Scout calling frequencies, +/- 10 KHz,
        avoiding any nets .

        a. At 1300 and 1900 Local:
        i. 14.290 USB & 14.070 CW before the hour;
        ii. 7.270 LSB & 7.030 CW after the hour.

        b. At 2100 Local:
        i. 7.270 LSB & 7.030 CW before the hour;
        ii. 3.740/3.940 LSB & 3.590 CW after the

        73

        Gary, K2GW
      • Nathaniel A. Frissell
        Message 3 of 4 , Jul 9, 2006
          Hi, Everyone!

          Wow, it looks like it has been a very successfull week. I just went
          through my e-mail, and I can see there has been a huge anount of activity
          since I checked in last Saturday. The ARRL article looks great, and I
          downloaded the 99 Hobbies podcast for use at camp.

          I was able to connect with 4 other camps this week, including Lost Lake
          Scout Camp and Camp Grelick, both in MI.

          Great work, everyone, and see you on the air!

          73 de Nathaniel, W2NAF/W2FSR