Re: [scoutradio] Digest Number 69

  • Dave Colter
    Message 1 of 1 , May 18, 2000
      Hi Max,
      Now is not too soon. Your PLC should start working on the details this spring,
      and depending on your summer schedule, have things finalized by early September.

      We'll be discussing it at our next PLC meeting, in June, but for us the project
      is easy - our district will be doing it at a camporee! I just need to be sure
      my ham club is ready. Since the camporee chair decided to hold it on a poorly
      accessible mountain with no power, it's a good thing our club owns a 4wd comm
      truck and trailer mounted tower. We'll have to come up with sufficient tentage,
      and figure out how many stations we can run to accomodate 200 kids. I hope that
      the camporee committee has something to keep the kids busy when they're not on
      the radio. It won't hold the attention of too many for too long, especially if
      conditions aren't great that day.
      Dave Colter, WA1ZCN
      Scoutmaster - Troop 71
      New London, NH