SCCP

  • Jon Robert Pellant
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 5, 2006
      I have seen many posts regarding SCCP and remember seeing some
      discussion about it-- but not the final protocol.

      Can someone write this up (.DOC/.PDF) and post it to the files section?

      Thx,
      Jon
      AB1FF
    • Frank Krizan
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 5, 2006

        Hi Jon,

        Good idea.

        Dan AI4GK, prepared a Press Release.

        I will post it shortly.

        73, Frank KR1ZAN

        President, K2BSA Amateur Radio Association

        Garland, TX

        Message 3 of 4 , Jul 5, 2006
          To make it simple, here's what I extracted from the posted press
          release:

          New Scout Camp Protocol is for listening for camps during summer:

          1. Scout camps and friends get on the air at 1300, 1900, and 2100
          hours local time.

          2. Calling times extend from 5 minutes before to 5 minutes after
          the hour. The recognized call is "CQ SCOUT CAMPS."

          3. Use the traditional Scout calling frequencies, +/- 10 KHz,
          avoiding any nets .

          a. At 1300 and 1900 Local:
          i. 14.290 USB & 14.070 CW before the hour;
          ii. 7.270 LSB & 7.030 CW after the hour.

          b. At 2100 Local:
          i. 7.270 LSB & 7.030 CW before the hour;
          ii. 3.740/3.940 LSB & 3.590 CW after the

          73

          Gary, K2GW
        • Nathaniel A. Frissell
          Message 4 of 4 , Jul 9, 2006
            Hi, Everyone!

            Wow, it looks like it has been a very successfull week. I just went
            through my e-mail, and I can see there has been a huge anount of activity
            since I checked in last Saturday. The ARRL article looks great, and I
            downloaded the 99 Hobbies podcast for use at camp.

            I was able to connect with 4 other camps this week, including Lost Lake
            Scout Camp and Camp Grelick, both in MI.

            Great work, everyone, and see you on the air!

            73 de Nathaniel, W2NAF/W2FSR