Re: [ScoutRadio] W2FSR Update

  • Fred Stevens K2FRD
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 3, 2006
      Nathaniel--

      Please keep us posted on your success with the SCCP with other camps. It's gonna take awhile before The Word gets out, so there might be a scarcity of other Camps tuning in for awhile.

      I just relocated back into Coconino Natl Forest, AZ now that it's rained a little, the wildfires are out (more or less), and the Forest is no longer closed. I plan to get a trap dipole up tomorrow (Tues 4 Jul), will have to wait and test its effectiveness within all the surrounding ponderosa pines.

      Hopefully, will see you on the air.

      73 de Fred K2FRD

      At 8:46 PM -0400 7/1/06, Nathaniel A. Frissell wrote:
      >Hi, everyone!
      >
      >I just wanted to give you an update on W2FSR at Forestburg Scout
      >Reservation. We just finished staff week, so the camp is now all set up.
      >We are prepared to receive our first campers tomorrow. I was not able to
      >get on the air too much this past week because of all of the set-up
      >responsibilities, but I anticipate that we will have more air time in the
      >coming weeks.
      >
      >For various reasons, we are going to follow a modified SCCP. It looks
      >like this:
      >
      >1800 UTC - SCCP on 20 and 40 M
      >2300 UTC - SCCP on 20 and 40 M
      >0100 UTC - SCCP on 20 and 80 M
      >
      >We will also check into the ECARS net daily around 1215 UTC on 7.255 MHz.
      >
      >I'm going to try to run this schedule Monday through Friday.
      >
      >Ok, thanks and 73!
      >
      >De Nathaniel, W2NAF

      Editor-Publisher
      http://homepage.mac.com/k2frd/ocarg.htm