W2FSR Update

  • Nathaniel A. Frissell
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 1, 2006
      Hi, everyone!

      I just wanted to give you an update on W2FSR at Forestburg Scout
      Reservation. We just finished staff week, so the camp is now all set up.
      We are prepared to receive our first campers tomorrow. I was not able to
      get on the air too much this past week because of all of the set-up
      responsibilities, but I anticipate that we will have more air time in the
      coming weeks.

      For various reasons, we are going to follow a modified SCCP. It looks
      like this:

      1800 UTC - SCCP on 20 and 40 M
      2300 UTC - SCCP on 20 and 40 M
      0100 UTC - SCCP on 20 and 80 M

      We will also check into the ECARS net daily around 1215 UTC on 7.255 MHz.

      I'm going to try to run this schedule Monday through Friday.

      Ok, thanks and 73!

      De Nathaniel, W2NAF
    • Fred Stevens K2FRD
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 3, 2006
        Nathaniel--

        Please keep us posted on your success with the SCCP with other camps. It's gonna take awhile before The Word gets out, so there might be a scarcity of other Camps tuning in for awhile.

        I just relocated back into Coconino Natl Forest, AZ now that it's rained a little, the wildfires are out (more or less), and the Forest is no longer closed. I plan to get a trap dipole up tomorrow (Tues 4 Jul), will have to wait and test its effectiveness within all the surrounding ponderosa pines.

        Hopefully, will see you on the air.

        73 de Fred K2FRD

        At 8:46 PM -0400 7/1/06, Nathaniel A. Frissell wrote:
        >Hi, everyone!
        >
        >I just wanted to give you an update on W2FSR at Forestburg Scout
        >Reservation. We just finished staff week, so the camp is now all set up.
        >We are prepared to receive our first campers tomorrow. I was not able to
        >get on the air too much this past week because of all of the set-up
        >responsibilities, but I anticipate that we will have more air time in the
        >coming weeks.
        >
        >For various reasons, we are going to follow a modified SCCP. It looks
        >like this:
        >
        >1800 UTC - SCCP on 20 and 40 M
        >2300 UTC - SCCP on 20 and 40 M
        >0100 UTC - SCCP on 20 and 80 M
        >
        >We will also check into the ECARS net daily around 1215 UTC on 7.255 MHz.
        >
        >I'm going to try to run this schedule Monday through Friday.
        >
        >Ok, thanks and 73!
        >
        >De Nathaniel, W2NAF

        Editor-Publisher
        http://homepage.mac.com/k2frd/ocarg.htm