Summer activity from Seven Ranges Scout Reservation

  • DaleLamm
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 29, 2006
      Hi all fellow hams,

      I'm Crew Advisor for new Venture Crew 73 in Canton, Ohio, affiliated
      with Canton Amateur Radio Club and Buckeye Council.

      Will be operating a portable amateur station on Thursdays only,
      starting July 6 and running through August 10, 2006. Plan to be on the
      air from Seven Ranges Scout Reservation approx 1:00 PM EDT till
      whenever, with a 90 minute break during evening meal and flag retreat
      ceremony at 5:00 PM.

      Seven Ranges is situated on 900 acres about ten miles south of Salem,
      Ohio in the northeastern part of the state.

      Will be demoing ham radio for all interested campers. Typically get
      400+ new campers each week of the season. Plan to use 75, 40, 20 & 17
      meter SSB, using my call, NX8J. Look for us on or near the standard
      JOTA frequencies, or near the high end of 17 meters. Wire antennas and
      one hundred watts is what we'll have on our end.

      Desire to QSO with scouts and scouters, but all are welcome,
      especially youth.

      73 de Dale NX8J