Operating Field Day

  • Jack Rueckel
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 22, 2006
      Please note that Troop 48 Hamburg, NJ (Patriot's Path Council,
      Sussex District) will be active during Field Day, with the Sussex
      County Amateur Radio Club. The Club station will be operational as
      W2LV (I think the GOTA call will be N2IEL, if that changes, I'll re-
      post). The Field Day site is outside of Newton, NJ, near the Sussex
      County Community College. This is grid FN21
      Troop 48 is a new organization, with the majority of our Scouts
      at the younger end of the spectrum. I am Scoutmaster of the Troop,
      and a ham for more than 15 years. I am the VHF band captain, but
      also operate 20 and 40M.
      We will have some materials for Radio and Emergency
      Preparedness Merit Badges, and have invited other Scout Groups. The
      Club should have big signals on 20M and 40M, as we have 4 elements
      each, pointed SW from NJ. The GOTA can likely be found on 15 or 80
      meters. We have 6 elements on 6M and 18 elements on 2 meters.
      Please look us up, and inquire about the Scouts!

      73,
      Jack N2NHN

      BTW: we will be active from Camp Winnebago during the July 17-22
      camp session, on QRP SSB and a dipole.