RE: [ScoutRadio] New member

  • Frank Krizan
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 20 7:28 AM

      Hi Rudy,

      Welcome to the ScoutRadio discussion group.

      I’ll have to leave it to other ASMs who’ve been appointed as “Scouting and Youth” ASMs to address what you need to do.  I’ve been curious since I first heard about such appointments as to the job description.  Maybe you can tell us about it, or, maybe other ASMs with the same title listening in can contribute the job description.  Without one, “How do you know what to do?”, but, on the other hand “You can’t do anything wrong!”

      If you haven’t done so already, I encourage you to subscribe to the OCARG EAGLE – see http://homepage.mac.com/k2frd/ocarg.htm  This has become the de facto publication for RadioScouting in the USA .  Fred Stevens, K2FRD, has done a tremendous job as editor of this newsletter.  You’ll find that news about scouting groups and activities are more readily published here than anywhere else.

      The K2BSA Amateur Radio Association is being reorganized in order to facilitate RadioScouting and should be in a position to announce full plans later this year.

      You might also want to contact Brian Mileshosky, N5ZGT, Chairman of the ARRL Ad Hoc Committee on Scouting.  He’s Vice-Director of the ARRL Rocky Mountain Division.  Perhaps the Committee can give you details on the ARRL position on RadioScouting.  If you get some details, share them with the ScoutRadio group.

      73, Frank

      Frank Krizan, KR1ZAN

      President, K2BSA Amateur Radio Association

      Garland, TX